Got mail. How do I reply?
Andreas Kohlbach
2024-03-11 02:52:05 UTC
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".

How do you reply to these? ;-)

I mean, anyone ever confirmed in a reply he is dead? What happened
then? *g*
Andreas
Adam H. Kerman
I've gotten those several times. I've had the same thoughts.
Randolf Richardson 張文道
2024-03-11 04:38:21 UTC
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:52:05 -0400
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
I mean, anyone ever confirmed in a reply he is dead? What happened
then? *g*
If it's not someone you recognize, then it's likely
a scammer being edgy. Check the sender's IP address
against DNSBLs, and consider reporting it to SpamCop
and/or some other anti-spam database that automates
reports to internet providers of spammer activity.
--
Randolf Richardson 張文道, CNA - ***@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/
Bulk Spammer Agent
2024-03-11 04:54:59 UTC
Post by Randolf Richardson 張文道
Check the sender's IP address
against DNSBLs, and consider reporting it to SpamCop
and/or some other anti-spam database that automates
reports to internet providers of spammer activity.
How is it going to help by reporting to 3rd party agents? They,
themselves will start spamming you if you give them your email address.
They only need to know that you exist and not dead as the OP says he was
asked in the email!!. How can a dead person reply? that is what he was
asking here. He is not concerned about spam.

Spam has been reduced since February 2024 when Yahoo, google and
Microsoft has started enforcing DMARC authentication. I was getting
about 50 spam messages a day and now I only get 3 or 4 of which one is
from a woman who wants to suck my cock. she is in Russia and she wants
to come to Europe and meet me.
Randolf Richardson 張文道
2024-06-28 02:27:59 UTC
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 04:54:59 +0000
Post by Bulk Spammer Agent
Post by Randolf Richardson 張文道
Check the sender's IP address
against DNSBLs, and consider reporting it to SpamCop
and/or some other anti-spam database that automates
reports to internet providers of spammer activity.
How is it going to help by reporting to 3rd party agents? They,
themselves will start spamming you if you give them your email address.
They only need to know that you exist and not dead as the OP says he was
asked in the email!!. How can a dead person reply? that is what he was
asking here. He is not concerned about spam.
There are instances where spammers/scammers pretend to be representatives
of a major brand, and the company behind it decides to take legal action.

Although I suspect this isn't a common outcome, a few cease-and-desist
letters from a corporate lawyer can be discouraging to some spammers.

It's mostly a pressure-tactic the way I see it. But if a spammer does
persist, then they could potentially find themselves in major legal
troubles should said company decide to pursue the matter further. An ISP
with a weak stomach for even being in close proximity to legal battles
might also be more inclined to terminate spammer accounts.

Aside from such scenarios seeming to be rare, anything that retards a
spammer's nefarious activities is a good thing in my opinion.
Post by Bulk Spammer Agent
Spam has been reduced since February 2024 when Yahoo, google and
Microsoft has started enforcing DMARC authentication. I was getting
about 50 spam messages a day and now I only get 3 or 4 of which one is
That's excellent. Different users have different experiences, of
course, but overall I've also noticed a decrease of spam that includes
forging the sender. But for a spammer to get a cheap domain name and
hire an ISP to set up DMARC, SPF, DKIM, etc., is not really a big deal
because many ISPs automate setting this stuff up (we certainly do so
that it's transparent for our clients and requires less setup time for
our staff, like why nearly all ISPs are probably doing this too).
Post by Bulk Spammer Agent
from a woman who wants to suck my cock. she is in Russia and she wants
to come to Europe and meet me.
Be careful, she could be a spy who's going to secretly take naughty
pictures of you in the act with her, and then in the future if you ever
find yourself in an important position of power you could find yourself
on the receiving end of blackmail attempts by whoever they are.

There could be other motives too, so I recommend not paying them any
money, and not meeting with them. But that's just me.
Andreas Kohlbach
2024-03-11 22:51:07 UTC
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
I mean, anyone ever confirmed in a reply he is dead? What happened
then? *g*
If it's not someone you recognize, then it's likely
a scammer being edgy. Check the sender's IP address
against DNSBLs, and consider reporting it to SpamCop
and/or some other anti-spam database that automates
reports to internet providers of spammer activity.
I am totally aware, that these guys are from Nigeria, Benin or around
there.

Btw. I created a web page where I list existing email addresses of
Nigerian scammers and others.

According to the counter there the majority actually harvests on this
page from Nigerian, Benin, Ivory Coast, then USA and others. Let's me
assume many/most Nigerian scammers actually are locate there. Or have at
least their tech infrastructure connected to a Nigerian ISP.
Andreas
Sam
2024-03-12 01:23:05 UTC
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
I mean, anyone ever confirmed in a reply he is dead? What happened
then? *g*
Sure you can reply. How about:

Oh yeah! And I got to tell you, those 72 virgins were definitely worth it.
Randolf Richardson 張文道
2024-04-10 20:51:24 UTC
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 21:23:05 -0400
Post by Sam
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
I mean, anyone ever confirmed in a reply he is dead? What happened
then? *g*
Oh yeah! And I got to tell you, those 72 virgins were definitely worth it.
Do any of those virgins in the afterlife know how to
do bookkeeping and make sure his taxes are paid? :D
Anton Shepelev
2024-06-19 11:38:29 UTC
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
A good example is the answer of Joseph Stalin to a British
reporter's enquiry through the Soviet Embassy:

Dear sir,

as I have learned from foreign press, I have long left
this sinful world and moved into the other one. Since one
cannot mistrust the messages of foreign press, if you wish
to remain among civilised people, I enjoin you to believe
these messages and not to disturb by rest in the quiet of
the other world.
/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments
2024-06-19 13:29:24 UTC
Post by Anton Shepelev
Post by Andreas Kohlbach
A mail just rolled in "Is it true that you are dead?".
How do you reply to these? ;-)
A good example is the answer of Joseph Stalin to a British
Dear sir,
as I have learned from foreign press, I have long left
this sinful world and moved into the other one. Since one
cannot mistrust the messages of foreign press, if you wish
to remain among civilised people, I enjoin you to believe
these messages and not to disturb by rest in the quiet of
the other world.
(using Tor Browser 13.0.16)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_1936
Post by Anton Shepelev
October 26, 1936 (Monday)
Joseph Stalin responded to rumors that he was dead by releasing a handwritten
note that read: "I know from reports of the foreign press that I long ago
abandoned this sinful world and moved into the other world. As one cannot
doubt such foreign press dispatches unless he wants to be expelled from the
list of civilized people, I request you to believe them and don't disturb me
in the calm of the other world. With respect, J. Stalin."[52]
"Mark Twain Outdone by Dictator Stalin on Report of Death". Chicago Daily
Tribune. October 27, 1936. p. 1.
[end quote]

Ioseb Besarionis dze Dzhugashvili was born to Vissarion Ivanovich & Yekaterina
Georgiyevna-Dzhugashvili at the simple, earthen-brick-and-wood house (44E06:48,
41N59:13; museum since 1937) Wednesday 18 December 1878(AA/BR/bio). Assumption
of Virgin Mary Cathedral (44E06:38,41N59:11; baptised Sunday 29 December 1878).

(using Tor Browser 13.0.16)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prematurely_reported_obituaries
Post by Anton Shepelev
In 1897 when a journalist was sent to inquire after Twain's health, thinking
he was near death; in fact it was his cousin who was very ill. Although
(contrary to popular belief) no obituary was published, Twain recounted the
event in the New York Journal of June 2, 1897, including his famous words
"The report of my death was an exaggeration" (which is usually misquoted, e.g.
as "The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated", or "Reports of my
death are greatly exaggerated").[474][475]
On May 4, 1907, when people lost track of a yacht he was traveling on, The
New York Times published an article saying he might have been lost at sea.
[476] In fact, the yacht had been held up by fog, and Twain had disembarked.
Twain read the article, and cleared up the story by writing a humorous account
in The New York Times the following day.[477]
Twain died in 1910.
[end quote]

Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born to John Marshall & Jane Casey
Lampton-Clemens in a rented two-room cabin (now museum 91W47:09,
39N29:18) in the "nearly invisible village" of Florida Missouri
on Monday 30 November 1835 (biography, time of birth unsourced).