[MEDIA] ANNE MITCHELL LEAVES HABEAS...
shiksaa
2003-08-22 16:58:47 UTC
ANNE MITCHELL LEAVES HABEAS, MOVES TO INSTITUTE FOR SPAM
AND INTERNET PUBLIC POLICY

Ex-Habeas CEO Sets Sights on Spam, Email Deliverability, and
Legislation

PALO ALTO, CA - August 21, 2003 - Anti-spam attorney Anne P.
Mitchell has left Habeas, the assured email deliverability company
which she helped to found, and has stepped into a leadership role at
the Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy ("ISIPP").

"While it is very tough for me to walk away from a company which I
helped to found, and spent the last year of my life helping to grow,
it was the right thing to do," explained Mitchell. "The board
advised me that they were replacing me with a new CEO, with a
different background and focus, and asked me to stay on as senior
strategist. However, while I am phenomenally proud of all that we
have accomplished in the past year, it is unlikely that I would have
been comfortable with any new direction which the company may take,
and this would have been frustrating for all concerned. Working with
ISIPP is a much better fit for me at this stage, and I'm incredibly
excited about this opportunity."

Mitchell, who has provided advice to both state and Federal
legislators on anti-spam policy and legislation, has taken the lead
as President and CEO of the Institute for Spam and Internet Public
Policy, a privately funded think tank and consultancy firm. ISIPP
provides policy and procedure analysis and advice to both the public
and private sectors, including legislators, regulatory agencies,
email marketers, and ISPs.

"We have assembled an amazing group of expert advisors in Internet,
email, and spam policies and procedures, including Internet expert
and author John Levine, the California ISP Association's Mike
Jackman, and Internet intellectual property attorney Mike Grow," said
Mitchell, founder of the Email Management Roundtable and co-Chair of
last month's Email Deliverability Summit. "If you have questions
relating to spam or email policy, we're the ones to talk to."

About the Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy

The Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy (ISIPP) is a
privately held corporation headquartered in the heart of California's
Silicon Valley. ISIPP's advisors provide expert analysis and
consulting services to legislators, governmental and regulatory
agencies, industry leaders, educational institutions, and the press.

Founded in 2003 and privately funded, ISIPP sponsors and hosts such
industry policy and working groups as the Email Management
Roundtable, and the Email Deliverability Summit. For more
information see http://www.isipp.com

Contact:

***@isipp.com

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be
the trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners.
Tom Betz
2003-08-22 18:49:17 UTC
Post by shiksaa
"While it is very tough for me to walk away from a company which I
helped to found, and spent the last year of my life helping to grow,
it was the right thing to do," explained Mitchell. "The board
advised me that they were replacing me with a new CEO, with a
different background and focus, and asked me to stay on as senior
strategist. However, while I am phenomenally proud of all that we
have accomplished in the past year, it is unlikely that I would have
been comfortable with any new direction which the company may take,
My, this sounds unusually ominous for a press release.

Especially a press release quoting a normally-cautious attorney.
Rick Blackthorn
2003-08-22 18:55:01 UTC
Post by shiksaa
"While it is very tough for me to walk away from a company which I
helped to found, and spent the last year of my life helping to grow,
it was the right thing to do," explained Mitchell. "The board
advised me that they were replacing me with a new CEO, with a
different background and focus, ...
This sounds ominous.

Best of luck to Anne.
--
I don't agree with the concept that the contents of my inbox should reflect
who's got the biggest legal budget to sue their way in. (W. Dnes, in NANAE)
wolfgang+ (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht)
2003-08-22 19:38:06 UTC
Post by Rick Blackthorn
Post by shiksaa
"While it is very tough for me to walk away from a company which I
helped to found, and spent the last year of my life helping to grow,
it was the right thing to do," explained Mitchell. "The board
advised me that they were replacing me with a new CEO, with a
different background and focus, ...
This sounds ominous.
day turning to night
a darkness falls upon us
like evil rising
Post by Rick Blackthorn
Best of luck to Anne.
<aol>me too!</aol>

-wolfgang
(NOTE: The email address above is valid. Edit it at your own peril.)
Clifton T. Sharp Jr.
2003-08-22 19:49:31 UTC
Post by wolfgang+ (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht)
Post by Rick Blackthorn
Best of luck to Anne.
<aol>me too!</aol>
From here as well.
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
-- Solomon W. Golomb
pv+ (Paul Vader)
2003-08-22 21:38:23 UTC
Post by shiksaa
PALO ALTO, CA - August 21, 2003 - Anti-spam attorney Anne P.
Mitchell has left Habeas, the assured email deliverability company
which she helped to found, and has stepped into a leadership role at
the Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy ("ISIPP").
Worst Acronym Evar.

That aside, best of luck to Anne. I don't think Habeas is going to survive
without her. *
like corkscrews.
Morely 'spam is theft' Dotes
2003-08-22 22:55:46 UTC
Post by pv+ (Paul Vader)
That aside, best of luck to Anne. I don't think Habeas is going to
survive without her.
Try not to get my hopes up.
--
Tired of spam in your mailbox?
Come to http://www.spamblocked.com/
http://www.the-carrot-and-the-stick.com/
Rich Kulawiec
2003-08-22 23:50:56 UTC
Post by shiksaa
the Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy ("ISIPP").
We don't need a policy. We already have a fine, globally applicable
one: you spam, you die.

What we need is a rope and a tree.

Make that "ropes" and "trees".

---Rsk
Bob Blaylock
2003-08-23 00:25:18 UTC
Annie may be gone...
But Habeas is the same...
Worthless as ever.
--
I hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email
address. Remove the string "HatesSpam" from this email

Ever wonder what it'd be like to be a blood-sucking parasite?
http://tinyurl.com/7wxk
Bob Blaylock

http://tinyurl.com/7wxk
Paul Anderson
2003-08-24 03:31:06 UTC
Post by Bob Blaylock
Never heard of this ISIPP. Is it as worthless as Habeas and MAPS?
I intend to find out at the beginning of next week. I've done a hell of
a lot of work on this issue in this past year, and I'll be damned if
anybody is going to start mucking it up.

I wish Anne the best. Now the research starts on checking out ISIPP and
at least trying to contact Anne for more specifics.

I'll let you know what I find out.
Bob Blaylock
2003-08-24 04:18:23 UTC
Post by Paul Anderson
Post by Bob Blaylock
Never heard of this ISIPP. Is it as worthless as Habeas and MAPS?
I intend to find out at the beginning of next week. I've done a hell of
a lot of work on this issue in this past year, and I'll be damned if
anybody is going to start mucking it up.
I wish Anne the best. Now the research starts on checking out ISIPP and
at least trying to contact Anne for more specifics.
I'll let you know what I find out.
I'll be interested in what you find out.

I've never seen anything to directly cast doubt on Anne as a supporter
of our cause, but she has a rather gloomy track record, it seems. She
was with MAPS as they made their fall to utter worthlessness, and she
then went on to found Habeas, which appears to have been entirely,
irreparably worthless from its beginning.

Perhaps this ISIPP will do better, with her involved, than MAPS or
Habeas did. Or perhaps it won't.