Microsoft sues 200 spammers
Steve Linford
2004-06-11 07:42:23 UTC
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm

Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
among them these two in particular:

Tim Goyetche, aka Pin Point Media, aka "the Bulkbarn":
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK1737

(Goyetche ran the spammers club Bulkers.net in China, we see him as
being responsible for much of the proliferation of illegal spamware,
proxies and generally encouraging small time spammers into professional
spamming)

John Hites, aka 'Steve Sorenson', aka customerblast.com
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK2445
--
Steve Linford
The Spamhaus Project
http://www.spamhaus.org
Chris U
2004-06-11 12:44:46 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:42:23 +0100, Steve Linford
Post by Steve Linford
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
Lets hope *dicovery* reveals many more familar names.
I also hope *deals* aren't being struck which apply to *specified*
domains only, as we've often seen in the past.
Animal
s***@my-deja.com
2004-06-11 15:16:54 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:44:46 +0100, Chris U
Post by Chris U
Post by Steve Linford
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
Lets hope *dicovery* reveals many more familar names.
I also hope *deals* aren't being struck which apply to *specified*
domains only, as we've often seen in the past.
If telecom providers were jointly liable with their spamming customers
the spamming would stop. It is time the common carrier exemption
becomes much more limited in scope.

It's not like Cogent, SBC, Worldcom etc. can hide.
Spammers Suck
2004-06-11 21:27:51 UTC
Post by Steve Linford
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
Lets hope *dicovery* reveals many more familar names.
I also hope *deals* aren't being struck which apply to *specified*
domains only, as we've often seen in the past.
Well I don't think that MS can sue for sending spam to anyone else's
domain, unless the claim all their domains are MS, which they might.

But it is good to see an 800 lb gorilla with an army of attornies
pissed at the spammers.

Go get them Billy G!!!!
FF
Kevin McMurtrie
2004-06-12 04:31:22 UTC
Post by Steve Linford
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
Lets hope *dicovery* reveals many more familar names.
I also hope *deals* aren't being struck which apply to *specified*
domains only, as we've often seen in the past.
Well I don't think that MS can sue for sending spam to anyone else's
domain, unless the claim all their domains are MS, which they might.
But it is good to see an 800 lb gorilla with an army of attornies
pissed at the spammers.
Go get them Billy G!!!!
It makes me smile but I feel that evil plans are lurking behind this.
MS will be able to take drastic measures with the justification that
they are suffering heavy damages from spamming. Something like bundle a
proprietary e-mail client with new versions of Windows.
Jay T. Blocksom
2004-06-16 15:43:59 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:31:22 -0700, in <news.admin.net-abuse.email>, Kevin
[snip]
Post by Kevin McMurtrie
Post by Spammers Suck
But it is good to see an 800 lb gorilla with an army of attornies
pissed at the spammers.
Go get them Billy G!!!!
It makes me smile but I feel that evil plans are lurking behind this.
[snip]

Such skepticism is always prudent when dealing with that particular 800-lb.
gorilla.
Post by Kevin McMurtrie
MS will be able to take drastic measures with the justification that
they are suffering heavy damages from spamming. Something like bundle a
proprietary e-mail client with new versions of Windows.
They've been laying the groundwork for *that* move for awhile now:

<http://www.zdnet.co.uk/print/?TYPE=story&AT=39115680-39020369t-10000007c>
--
Jay T. Blocksom
--------------------------------

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.
pv+ (Paul Vader)
2004-06-11 15:22:42 UTC
Post by Steve Linford
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK1737
Yaay! He's been off the net for almost a year, hasn't he? The last entry in
his termination list on ROKSO is in early 2003.
Post by Steve Linford
(Goyetche ran the spammers club Bulkers.net in China, we see him as
Incidentally, bulkers.net resolves. You get a forbidden message, but that
doesn't mean the nastier stuff isn't in URLs lower down. They've done it
before. *
like corkscrews.
shiksaa
2004-06-12 03:25:28 UTC
Post by Steve Linford
http://washingtontimes.com/business/20040610-105844-5169r.htm
Pleased to see familiar ROKSO spammers named in the Microsoft lawsuits,
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK1737
I feel another parody coming on.
--
Everyone is entitled to be stupid,
but some abuse the privilege.
-Unknown
Chris U
2004-06-12 05:15:46 UTC
Post by shiksaa
Post by Steve Linford
http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK1737
I feel another parody coming on.
A fitting one could be based around Judy Garland in. *Meet Me In St
Louis* just change the last word to *Court*.
You could arrive at *court* in your best summer dress, complete with
parasol*.
Steve or Pete Welbourn could possibly feature as the male lead...
Animal
Steven Mäßlein
2004-06-16 17:17:01 UTC
Is it just me or is anyone else subconsciously parsing the subject as

"Microsoft uses 200 spammers"?
--
Steve