Dippy now on NewsFeed.com
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-26 07:38:08 UTC
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.

For those that don't the only consistent header is:

Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*

If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
--
AJ
Treehouse Networks abuse@
www.treenetnz.com
Roger Bryant
2004-11-26 08:03:07 UTC
Thusly, it was spoken by the voices from within TreeNet Admin's head on
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
Supernews already has it caught in the filters. Well, I don't know
LARTing Newsfeed will do anything, so I CC'ed Cogentco, their upstream.
Like that I'll do any better.
--
Test, Jamie, Test.
Just remember: It's the shiny side out.
alt
2004-11-26 08:28:05 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so
most of you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding
out but are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on
that.
Supernews already has it caught in the filters. Well, I don't know
LARTing Newsfeed will do anything, so I CC'ed Cogentco, their
upstream.
Like that I'll do any better.
I'm seriously thinking of subscribing with them now.

I'm using leafnode to filter out the noise, but sadly, with knode I am
forced to unsubscribe then re-subscribe to the newsgroup to get rid
of the headers.... (anyone know a better way?).
--
Donovan Hill
Canadian, Linux User, All around nice guy!
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-26 11:16:25 UTC
In article <2n5j72-***@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net>, ***@lazyeyez.net
says...
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so
most of you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding
out but are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on
that.
Supernews already has it caught in the filters. Well, I don't know
LARTing Newsfeed will do anything, so I CC'ed Cogentco, their upstream.
Like that I'll do any better.
I'm seriously thinking of subscribing with them now.
I'm using leafnode to filter out the noise, but sadly, with knode I am
forced to unsubscribe then re-subscribe to the newsgroup to get rid
of the headers.... (anyone know a better way?).
It may be a little tedious for some, but this is what I've and do.

- newsproxy to drop dippy posts, AUTO-C&C people[1], mark kooks etc.
for all the things gravity can't do yet by itself.

- gravity to ignore threads and KF people
- set to grab 1 post from nanae when it checks for new posts
- the rest are grabbed under manual control of how many and when
- anytime posts don't get past the filters I try again
- when I get tired of grabbing one and having it die in transit, I
increase the grab from 1->10->50->100->200 etc.
- whenever something gets in I stop and deal with the new posts

It's pretty good giving counts as an indication of when trouble like
dippy is about to appear. The group averages 10 to 30 posts an hour
including noise, anything else is a warning sign.

[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
--
AJ
Treehouse Networks abuse@
www.treenetnz.com
Patricia A. Shaffer
2004-11-26 15:00:10 UTC
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:16:25 +1300, TreeNet Admin
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Here it is, dear <g>:

Clifto

Norman De Forest

Morely

Angel

Shmuel

Capt. Gym Z. Quirk

Quaestor
--
Patricia
Proud Citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia
Norman L. DeForest
2004-11-26 21:02:52 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.

Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
--
Norman De Forest http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/Profile.html
***@chebucto.ns.ca [=||=] (A Speech Friendly Site)
is to a veterinarian." -- Peter da Silva in the scary devil monastery
Robert Bonomi
2004-11-27 02:59:57 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.
Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
Quandary, appropriate punctuation for rejoinder --
"No shit!"
vs.
"No, shit."
vs.
"{something *completely* different}"
Patricia A. Shaffer
2004-11-27 20:28:43 UTC
Post by Robert Bonomi
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.
Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
Quandary, appropriate punctuation for rejoinder --
"No shit!"
vs.
"No, shit."
vs.
"{something *completely* different}"
Oh, shit! Are you guys going to start a poopy pun cascade?
Ciro The Spider-Man
2004-11-28 05:16:39 UTC
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Post by Robert Bonomi
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.
Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
Quandary, appropriate punctuation for rejoinder --
"No shit!"
vs.
"No, shit."
vs.
"{something *completely* different}"
Oh, shit! Are you guys going to start a poopy pun cascade?
I hope not. After the dipflood this past week, the last thing we need is
more crap.
The Sleeper must awaken...
alt
2004-11-28 21:48:12 UTC
Post by Ciro The Spider-Man
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Post by TreeNet Admin
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the
[list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.
Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
Quandary, appropriate punctuation for rejoinder --
"No shit!"
vs.
"No, shit."
vs.
"{something *completely* different}"
Oh, shit! Are you guys going to start a poopy pun cascade?
I hope not. After the dipflood this past week, the last thing we
need is more crap.
The language in the place is becoming a veritable sewer.... and that's
just the trolls....
Werehatrack
2004-11-28 23:19:33 UTC
Post by alt
Post by Ciro The Spider-Man
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Post by TreeNet Admin
Post by TreeNet Admin
[1] Which reminds me. Patricia dear, where have you put the
[list of the
nanae who have current Auto-C&C status?
Clifto
^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Norman De Forest
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Patricia A. Shaffer
Morely
Angel
Shmuel
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk
Quaestor
I'm number two so I try harder.
Off stage: "Mommy, I gotta go number two."
Quandary, appropriate punctuation for rejoinder --
"No shit!"
vs.
"No, shit."
vs.
"{something *completely* different}"
Oh, shit! Are you guys going to start a poopy pun cascade?
I hope not. After the dipflood this past week, the last thing we
need is more crap.
The language in the place is becoming a veritable sewer.... and that's
just the trolls....
The excremental increase in bandwidth usage is nontrivial, too.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Robert Bonomi
2004-11-27 18:53:51 UTC

Part 6: Louis Freeh & The Creeping Police State
---- - ----- ----- --- -------- ------ -----

o Louis Freeh
o National ID Card
o Worldwide Banking and Phone Monitoring
o Cybernetic Control of Society
o Conclusions

Louis Freeh
----- -----

Louis Freeh is accomplishing something that real
terrorists themselves could never have accomplished.

Destruction of the American Way of Life.

Freedom, Liberty.

It is as if freedom terrorists were in charge of our government.

* "The End of Ordinary Money, Part I", by J. Orlin Grabbe
* http://www.aci.net/kalliste
*
* The GSA opposed CALEA [FBI code name: "Operation Root Canal"], stating
* "the proposed bill would have to have the FCC or other agency approve or
* reject equipment mainly on the basis of whether the FBI had the capacity
* to wiretap it. The GSA further stated this would weaken security." [4
Robert Bonomi
2004-11-27 18:39:57 UTC
another violent result of marijuana's Schedule
I Substances classification:

ABC news: the Parks Department wanted a prime piece of land called
"Trail's End". It was owned by a private family. They refused to sell.

The reporter is in the helicopter with the agent who identified marijuana
growing on the property from an identical helicopter fly-over.

The agent said he specializes in that sort of thing, and he was flown
over the property for an evaluation.

He told the other federal agents that he could not determine that there
was any.

The G-MEN flew him over again: "they pressured me to change my evaluation,
and I did, even though I couldn't detect any marijuana. They got me to
say 'maybe I see some for sure'."

A large multi-departmental group of federal and county agents stormed the
house, and shot the male owner to death.

The widow continues to live there.

Before moving in, law enforcement had the property appraised for its value.

Eventually, the county admitted it wanted the property.

This is our Drug War for national security reasons.

The government now says it regrets calling it a Drug War.

Then appointed a retired Military General as Drug Czar.

Drug Czar William Bennett was an active nicotine addict until his first day
of work. The ONLY reason he quit smoking was because it would have been
politically incorrect to smoke while leading the War on Drugs.

* On October 19 1996, Clinton announced that his administration wil
Norman L. DeForest
2004-11-27 20:27:36 UTC
murder he didn't commit by
the FBI.

: Court TV
:
: Judge Dickey overturned the conviction last month, ruling that
: prosecutors failed to tell the defense that the key witness against
: Pratt was an infiltrator and paid informant for the FBI and police.
: *** This primary "witness" had claimed Pratt confessed!!! ***

* "Former Black Panther Leader is Freed on Bail"
* By B. Drummond Ayres, Jr., The New York Times, June 11 1997
*
* After 27 years in prison, Elmer Pratt was freed on $25,000 bail.
*
* The prosecutor's chief witness [now deceased], testified Mr Pratt had
* confessed to him that he was the killer.
*
* The prosecutors did not tell the jury that Julius Butler was also a rival
* of Mr Pratt for power within the Black Panther organization, and was a
* convicted felon who had been recruited to infiltrate the Panthers.

It's 1997 now.

Guess what the Government now says about this case:

* "Former Black Panther Leader is Freed on Bail"
*
* "We have filed a motion of appeal." ---prosecutor George Palmer

That's right: they still want him in jail anyway.

Things are still the same
Dolphin
2004-11-26 12:30:18 UTC
#begin ***@lazyeyez.net.exe (or was it alt.com)
message <2n5j72-***@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net> reply:

<SNIP>
Post by alt
I'm using leafnode to filter out the noise, but sadly, with knode I am
forced to unsubscribe then re-subscribe to the newsgroup to get rid
of the headers.... (anyone know a better way?).
slrn

You will not regret it. Seriously, for one thing I'm thankful to Hippie:
s/h/it has forced me to try slrn, to get rid of shit. Together with a good
newsfeed (f.e. individual.net) it's like a "do the Supernews yourself in
several clicks" thing.

Dolphin.
Post by Dolphin
<SNIP>
Post by alt
I'm using leafnode to filter out the noise, but sadly, with knode I
am forced to unsubscribe then re-subscribe to the newsgroup to get
rid of the headers.... (anyone know a better way?).
slrn
You will not regret it. Seriously, for one thing I'm thankful to
Hippie: s/h/it has forced me to try slrn, to get rid of shit.
Together with a good newsfeed (f.e. individual.net) it's like a "do
the Supernews yourself in several clicks" thing.
Dolphin.
You know, I've tried slrn a few times. And quite honestly, I just
don't like it. It feels really clunky to me. Maybe I'm just getting
too used to the GUI. :-\

I do appreciate the suggestion though and will continue to work with
it. Maybe I just need to learn it better.
Dolphin
2004-11-26 22:00:19 UTC
#begin ***@lazyeyez.net.exe (or was it alt.com)
message <boik72-***@hydrogen.lazyeyez.net> reply:

<SNIP>
Post by alt
You know, I've tried slrn a few times. And quite honestly, I just
don't like it. It feels really clunky to me. Maybe I'm just getting
too used to the GUI. :-\
That's why I had to be forced to learn it, cause to use it well you have
to learn at least the main control keys. It is not easy from the first
times, but when you do, and when you see how configurable slrn is, you
just stick to it (at least, for text newsgroups). You can read your
newsgroups from anywhere, SSHing into your home computer (no need to
sync. between computers). And slrnpull will pull all the groups for you,
so you can read them off your HD rather than waiting for each one to be
pulled from a news-server as you click on it.
Post by alt
I do appreciate the suggestion though and will continue to work with
it. Maybe I just need to learn it better.
That's what I needed. :)

Dolphin.
other people's private communications has
* long worn off and the contents are generally routine.

True, although some emails are hysterical. [The names are unchanged this time]
This came from a 23-year-old stud in our ABC department. --guy
I have a great NY story to tell you. This past Thursday "The Associate"
starring Whoopi Goldberg premiered. Afterwards I went to the party where
I met an okay looking girl with a smokin' body. To shorten the story, we
go to her place at 60th St. between Park and Lex. All night she kept
bugging me about not having any idea who she was. So right when we're
getting naked she finally tells me: she is Kurt Russel's little sister.
Of course I thought she was pulling my leg, but she pulls a photo book
out and sure enough, she is Kurt Russel's little sister! I got her phone
number, but boy she is a big LOSER.
This email didn't contain his age, yet I knew it and many other things about
him simply from collecting them over time. I had no
alt
2004-11-27 18:49:20 UTC
: pressure that would cause the same effects.
:
: As time went by that was indeed what the US did, and up to now with minor
: success.
:
: Bertil Fortrie
: Internet Security Review
: ==

There it is yet again: "anytime, anywhere", and "UKUSA".

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Netscape and other companies
--- the U.S. is a world leading producer of software technology --- are
having their products outlawed for world-wide distribution because of
ECHELON.

Ubiquitous full-strength crypto --- in all our email products and web
browsers --- would immediately begin to lessen ECHELON's ability to
spy in such a massive dragnet fashion.

There is an ugly implication to ECHELON being the reason Netscape and company
are being held hostage by the NSA.

"Only with a court authorized warrant..." --- Louis Freeh, FBI Director

Louis Freeh is lying.

Key Recovery Isn't Even Feasible
--- -------- ----- ---- --------

http://www.epic.org

Distinguished cryptographers and computer scientists have released a new
Dolphin
2004-11-27 20:25:53 UTC
under any circumstances.

o Spends time as "helpdesk" for his distribution of SYBASE-MODE.

Furthermore, he has stated:

o he would like to leave Salomon

o would leave for half of his currently salary
to work fulltime on his WWW business.

His activities are clearly costly and detrimental to Salomon Brothers.

# # #####
# # # #
####### #
# # ##### Brain himself says Salomon allows him to
####### # spend a lot of time on his business venture.
# # #
# # #######

date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:52:13 -0400
From: ***@tridenthead2 (Bob Brain nnn-nnnn)
To: ***@ppllc.com (Tom Trigger)
subject: Re: Kruger?

Trigger> If BTO didn't let you spend a lot of time working on your
Trigger> own business, I'd have said leave ASAP. What a lousy place.

Could I keep getting 30%+ raises at other places? I should really turn
consultant.

Yeah, I have it real easy now, plenty of time to work on my own business
during the day. Great benefits here!
[snip]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Real-time shenanigans between Republic National Bank, Salomon Brothers,
and Bob Brain's WWW business site over the Internet!

: date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 11:30:29 -0400
: From: ***@tridenthead2 (Bob Brain nnn-nnnn)
: Subject: XXX Graphic Files
: To: ***@rnb.com
:
: Bruno> I
alt
2004-11-27 18:53:22 UTC
bill for U.S. intelligence, but the White
House threatened to veto it over a provision that would
protect whistleblowers.

The Senate bill would let employees of the Central
Intelligence Agency and other branches of the
government tell members of Congress classified
information that would expose a crime, reveal lying to
Congress, uncover fraud or stop abuses. They could do
so without approval from their superiors and without
fear of reprisal. They could only pass on information
to appropriate members -- for example, CIA information
would have to go to the Intelligence Committee.

But the White House said it would veto the entire bill
over that provision. In a written statement, it said
the whistle-blower measure would usurp "the president's
constitutional authority to protect national security
and other privileged information."

National security means keeping Congress dumbed-down:

* "Secret Pentagon Intelligence Unit is Disclosed"
* By Raymond Bonner, The New York Times, May 11, 1983
*
* Because the Pentagon was dissatisfied with the intelligence it was getting
* from the CIA, the new unit 'Army Intelligence Support Activity' was set up.
*
* It is suspected that the secret group was used to get around Congressional
* limits of 55 military advisors in El Salvador.
*
alt
2004-11-29 05:38:14 UTC
Rodney
King beating. I was watching C-SPAN. Some sort of police officers
association meeting...

It was amazing how often he was pulled over, and the cheesy reasons the
officers gave.

"Your tail light was broken"

He got out with the camera still on, showed the tail light was fine, and
asked the officer what he was talking about.

"Oh, you're right. Sorry."

He was pulled over again and again and again.

----

The New Jersey State Police admitted they were targeting black drivers.

Pulling them over, and searching their vehicles inch-by-inch.

----

* The New York Times, December 14, 1995, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
*
* Six officers - five whites and one Asian-American - have plead guilty
* to corruption charges, including illegal searches, lying under oath
* and planting false evidence.
*
* The guilty pleas have led to a review of more than 1,600 arrests of
* mostly black and Hispanic suspects that were made by the officers
* from 1987 to 1994.
*
* Fifty-six convictions have already been overturned.

----

* The New York Times, November 26, 1995
* "Several Blacks Sue Beverly Hills
Dolphin
2004-11-29 07:28:43 UTC
would generally require extraordinary levels of human
trustworthiness.

These difficulties are a function of the basic government access requirements
proposed for key-recovery encryption systems. They exist regardless of the
design of the recovery systems - whether the systems use private-key crypto-
graphy or public-key cryptography; whether the databases are split with secret-
sharing techniques or maintained in a single hardened secure facility; whether
the recovery services provide private keys, session keys, or merely decrypt
specific data as needed; and whether there is a single centralized infrastruc-
ture, many decentralized infrastructures, or a collection of different
approaches.

All key-recovery systems require the existence of a highly sensitive and
highly-available secret key or collection of keys that must be maintained in a
secure manner over an extended time period. These systems must make decryption
information quickly accessible to law enforcement agencies without notice to
the key owners. These basic requirements make the problem of general key
recovery difficult and expensive - and potentially too insecure and too costly
for many applications and many users.

Attempts to force the widespread adoption of key-recovery encryption through
export controls, import or domestic use regulations, or international standards
should be consider
Dolphin
2004-11-29 10:07:10 UTC
OR TRANSITING the country.

By carefully inserting the words "by the National Security Agency" into the
FISA legislation, the NSA has skillfully excluded from the coverage of the
FISA statute as well as the surveillance court all interceptions received
from the British GCHQ or any other non-NSA source.

Thus it is possible for GCHQ to monitor the necessary domestic circuits
and pass them on to the NSA through the UKUSA Agreement, giving them
impunity to target and watch-list Americans.

* * * * * * * * * *
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *

P475: Three decades after its creation, the NSA is still without a formal
charter. Instead, there is a super hush-hush surveillance court that is
virtually impotent; the FISA, which has enough loopholes and exceptions to
render it nearly useless; and an executive order that was designed more to
protect the intelligence community from citizens than citizens from the
agencies. In addition, because it is an executive order, it can be changed
at any time at the whim
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
2004-11-27 01:01:47 UTC
Install Pan. Definitely superior to Knode.
You have no need to know
2004-11-27 12:42:10 UTC
Abandoning the right to remain silent, The Open Sourceror's Apprentice at
Post by The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
Post by alt
I'm using leafnode to filter out the noise, but sadly, with knode I am
forced to unsubscribe then re-subscribe to the newsgroup to get rid
of the headers.... (anyone know a better way?).
Install Pan. Definitely superior to Knode.
Except for the filtering. You can't filter on arbitrary headers.
Even just NNTP-Posting-Host and Organsation would help.

I noticed Morley's post didn't have NNTP-Posting-Host, but he's got auto
C&C status anyway.
--
Avoid reality at all costs.
$email =~ s/n(.)a(.)n(.)a(.)e(.+)invalid/$1$2$3$4$5au/;
icbm: 33.43.46S 150.59.27E
You have no need to know
2004-11-27 19:22:59 UTC
of asking
for utility bills and leases in their name to prove residency?

Other states are following suit...Pennsylvania, Florida...

* "A Test for Welfare Fraud Is Expanded to Families"
* By Esther B. Fein, The New York Times, 11/11/95
*
* New York State is sharply increasing the number of people it electronically
* fingerprints to detect welfare fraud past the 285,000 single adult program
* to more than 453,000 recipients of Aid to Families with Dependent Children.
*
* Of the 220,193 people electronically fingerprinted as of Nov. 9, only 146
* were found to have registered for duplicate benefits. New York State
* officials said they didn't expect to find many cases of fraud. [What???]
* "We are just using a new tool to help comply with Federal regulations
* prohibiting us from giving duplicate benefits."
*
* The program is costing the state $10 million a year.

One big evil eye, done with biometrics...control FAR BEYOND anything that
could be implemented with a social security number.

It's for our best interests...

* "Suffolk Medical Examiner Urges Fingerprinting Law"
* By John T. McQuiston, The New York Times, 8/20/1996
*
* Putting motorists' fingerprints on NY driver's licenses, as is done in
* California, would help identify disaster victims, the Suffolk Medical
* Examiner told a committee of the County Legislature about his work on
* the crash of TWA Flight 800.
*
* "The victims from California were the fastest and easiest to identify,"
* the Medical Examiner, Dr. Charles V. Wetli, said, "because the fingerprint
* of their right thumb was on their driver's license."
*
* "It was a nightmare for the other families to wait for identification."

----

Just how much does the government want to
track us, by issuing tracking devi
clifto
2004-11-27 23:24:08 UTC
Post by The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
Install Pan. Definitely superior to Knode.
After I fought long and hard and found a way to get Pan to give the
article more space than the header list or newsgroup list, I found a
lot of things I didn't like about Pan. Definitely a love-hate app.
--
Britney Spears' Guide to Semiconductor Physics
<http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm>
You have no need to know
2004-11-27 19:44:13 UTC
A judge ruled today that a father must stand trial for taking nude photos
* of his six-year-old daughter, despite the man's claim that the pictures
* were art, not pornography.
*
* The judge ruled they were not art, despite Mr. Feuer's instructor, Susan
* Klechner of the International Center of Photography in New York City,
* submitting an affidavit saying the pictures were taken for the course
* and were consistent with the assignment.
*
* After his arrest, Mr. Feuer was ordered not to have contact with his
* daughter and could not stay at his home while the prosecution's
* investigation continued.
*
* The order was lifted last April, but David Ruhnke, Mr. Feuer's lawyer,
* said "It's really difficult to overstate what a nightmare this has
* been for him."
*
* Mr. Ruhnke further complained that the judge revealed Mr. Feuer's name
* in court papers while he was still making motions to dismiss the case,
* to protect the girl.

Parents charged with child pornography for taking photos of their children.

Thought Police.

----

We netizens are rightfully paranoid of the
American government, because it has no scruples.

What the FBI did to photographer Jock Sturges was criminal.

Excerpt from 'TO: A Journal of Poetry, Prose + the Visual Arts', Summer 1992:

* Hounded by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in a bizarre witch-hunt
* at an expense to the taxpayers of over a million dollars, Sturges had
* survived an attempt to destroy his life and his work and was now
* countersuing the agency.
*
* Recapitulated briefly, Sturges, who's based in San Francisco, has for
* years been photographing young people whose families practice nudity.
*
* He's done so with his subjects' permission, as well as that of their
* parents, who often appear i
You have no need to know
2004-11-29 07:39:32 UTC
Mr. Anderson described the stunned reaction of those present, "There were
* several gasps around the table. A couple cabinet members looked as if they
* had been slapped. No one said anything for a long time."
*
* Ronald Reagan, a consummately wise politician who professed a belief in
* Bible prophecy, caught the implication [about The Mark of the Devil].
*
* He then hushed the cabinet and efficiently dismissed the National ID Card
* proposal by sardonically remarking, "Maybe we should just brand all babies."

"Those that give up essential liberty for a little
security, deserve neither liberty nor security."
- Ben Franklin

"When ID's are mandatory, it is time to leave the planet."
- Robert Heinlein

* "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
* In the November 1994 publication of the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin,
* the FBI advocated BIOMETRIC CAPTURE FOR ALL NEWBORN BABIES AND
* SIMULTANEOUSLY THEIR MOTHERS.

*************
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
2004-11-27 19:29:16 UTC
surveillance of communications to combat "serious crime" and to
* protect "national security".
*
* But to do this they are creating a system which can monitor everyone
* and everything.
*
* At the first meeting of the new Council of Justice and Home Affairs
* Ministers in Brussels on 29-30 November 1993 they adopted the following
* Resolution on "the interception of telecommunications" which speaks for
* itself and reproduced here in full:
*
# CONFIDENTIAL MEMO
#
# "COUNCIL RESOLUTION ON THE INTERCEPTION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS"
#
# The Council:
#
# 1) calls upon the expert group to compare the requirements of the Member
# States of the Union with those of the FBI;
#
# 2) agrees that the requirements of the Member States of the Union will be
# conveyed to the third countries which attended the FBI meeting in
# Quantico and were mentioned in the memorandum approved by the Ministers
# at their meeting in Copenhagen (Sweden, Norway, Finland [countries
# applying for accession to the European Communities], the USA and
# Canada), in order to avoid a discussion based solely on the
# requirements of the FBI;
#
# 3) approves for practical reasons the extension to Hong Kong, Australia
# and New Zealand (which attended the FBI seminar) of the decision on
# co-op
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
2004-11-27 18:05:59 UTC
Collect biometric information from everyone...
law enforcement's Evil Holy Grail.

* "U.S. Has Plan to Broaden Availability tests of DNA Testing"
* By Fox Butterfield, The New York Times, undated but 1996 implied.
*
* In a little known provision of the Clinton Administration's 1994 Crime
* Control Act was a call for the establishment of a nationwide DNA data
* bank like the current national system for fingerprints, run by the FBI.
*
* In the two years since then, 42 states have passed laws requiring prison
* inmates give blood or saliva samples for a "DNA fingerprint."
*
* In a report today, the Justice Department said it is stepping up efforts
* to make such DNA biometric capture "as common as fingerprinting" and that
* they expect the test in five years to go from $700 each to a mere $10 and
* take only hours or minutes to accomplish.

----

Something odd is going on; apparently the government is building L.U.C.I.D.

# "Computer Enlisted in Drug War", By Sam Meddis, USA Today, 1/15/1990
#
# A new FBI computer will monitor the activities of suspected drug people
# and open a new era of cooperation between U.S. agencies. It will draw
# it's information from many different sources. It can respond to spoken
# commands and display
Dolphin

* The New York Times, November 26, 1995
* "Several Blacks Sue Beverly Hills, Asserting Bias by the Police"
* by Kenneth B. Noble
*
* Saying they had been victims of a callous police force, six blacks
* filed suit this week against the City of Beverly Hills, including
* the Police Chief and the Mayor.
*
* The plaintiffs include a handyman at a local church and the mother
* of two young boys, all of whom say they or their families were
* singled out because of their race.
*
* The handyman who works at an Episcopal church here, said that on
* one occasion he pulled into a parking lot and a police officer
* stopped him, pointed a gun at his head, called him a derogatory
* name and warned, "If you move, I'll shoot you." The handyman
* said he had been unlawfully stopped, harassed and interrogated
* by the police eight t
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-27 19:29:08 UTC
- Signals Intelligence = NSA = electronic snooping

Key Recovery - See GAK.

C-SPAN - Two cable channels dedicated to broadcasting both houses of
Congress and other U.S. governmental functions.

DEA - U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
DIA - U.S. Pentagon Defense Intelligence Agency
DIA - U.S. Drug Interdiction Agency (older)

FBI - U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation

BATF - U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

UKUSA - pronounced 'you-koo-za' - a secret wartime treaty that says
member nations can spy on each others population without
warrants or limits, and that this can be shared with the
spied-on country's SIGINT agency.

PGP - Free and unbreakable encryption, available world-wide.

CISPES - Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador

"Ultra-secret" agencies:

NSA - U.S. National Security Agency

GCHQ - British Government Communications Headquarters

CSE - Canada's Communications Security
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-29 04:53:50 UTC
state lines to hire a hit man to kill Mr. Farrakhan.
* Eight of the counts involved taped telephone calls between Ms. Shabazz and
* Mr. Fitzpatrick, a cocaine addict who faces a possible five-year prison
* sentence in an unrelated drug case. [read: blackmailed]
*
* Of the 40 recorded conversations, 38 were initiated by Mr. Fitzpatrick.
* "Most of the conversations during these calls consisted primarily of
* remarks by Mr. Fitzpatrick." said defense lawyer William M. Kunstler.
* [Kunstler was a silvered haired angel even while still on Earth]
*
* The Government had a statement initialed from Ms. Shabazz.
*
* "I jokingly asked Fitzpatrick if he would kill Louis Farrakhan."
*
* The statement was written by two FBI agents, who did not advise her of
* her right to remain silent and have a lawyer present.
*
* Federal officials in Washington and Minneapolis say Ms. Shabazz was
* 'obsessed' with killing Mr. Farrakhan, and they had enough on her to
* put her away for 90 years.
*
* Mr. Fitzpatrick prodded her: "I'm willing to do whatever you want me to
* do, this feels righteous." Ms. Shabazz replied "I don't really know
* what you're asking me." Mr. Fitzpatrick later told her "I'm just going
* to proceed."

Qubilah Shabazz was 4 when she saw her father die in a hail of bullets in
1965. She has been a trouble woman ever since.

* "...Shabazz...", The New York Times, June 8 1997 (front page)
*
* In telephone conversations taped by Federal prosecutors, Ms. Shabazz
* acknowledged she had psychological problems and had spent time at Bellevue.

Her mother long asserted Mr. Farrakhan played a role in the death of her
husband. Three members of Mr. Farrakhan's Nation of Islam were convicted.

And just what was so extraordinarily vile about this case?

Its purpose was to tear the
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
2004-11-29 08:52:14 UTC
monitored for security/compliance.

Internal Audit member Fred Hamburger has repeatedly transferred passwords
to Salomon systems over the unprotected Internet, one system is a Yield
Book system, and also transferred a highly detailed internal document on
'EMERGING MARKETS DEBT WHOLE LOANS SUPPORT PROCEDURES' to an individual's
external ISP (Internet) account.

: *********************************
: Filename: Aug_22_96/dfAA09397 Size: 51729, Dated: Aug 22 15:25
: Sender: ***@rocky
: Recipient: ***@ix.netcom.com
: Subject: PSOPROC.DOC
: **** UUencoding, Filename='PSOPROC.DOC'
:
: Some of the procedures you wanted information on are documented here.
:
: Fred.
: *********************************
:
: Microsoft Word 6.0 Document
: Salomon Internal Audit#H:\AUDITOR\AB12345\WORD\PSOPROC.DOC
:
: EMERGING MARKETS DEBT WHOLE LOANS
: SUPPORT PROCEDURES
:
: Fred Hamburger
:
: EMERGING MARKETS DEBT LDC LOANS
: SUPPORT PROCEDURES
:
: I. CONFIRMATION
: Introduction
:
: Trades in LDC loans are recorded by Traders on trade logs contemporaneously
: with the telephone conversations actually executing the transactions. During
: the day, these trade logs are passed to data input personnel, who then enter
: the trades into AAAA. (AAAA is designed to support direct on-line entry by
: Traders, but is not used in this manner on the Emerging Markets Desk.)
: AAAA feeds BBBB at the end of day which in turn feeds relevant downstream
: Salomon systems. AAAA also feeds the CCCC system, which is maintained as
: a stand-alone second level sub-ledger that provides functionality and
: records data not otherwise available. The first level sub-ledger on this
: Desk is DDDD.
:
: PROCESSING
: ----------
:
: All transactions in AAAA should be confirmed
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice
2004-11-29 07:33:26 UTC
I compared the capabilities of the code he sent out to his
own job description which he transmitted in his resume many months prior.

Why waste information that's just flying by for the taking?

Care for a fun conspiracy theory?

If I were pro-ECHELON, I would monitor all the Senators and ALL their staff
AND all their families. That's just to start. I would also monitor ALL
up-and-coming politicians.

You never know when you're going to need to squeeze some support out of them.

Has Bill Clinton been compromised by NSA ECHELON monitoring?

* "The Secret War Against the Jews", Authors: John Loftus and Mark Aarons
*
* A large number of American candidates for public office have been placed
* under electronic surveillance by British intelligence officers sitting
* at their "temporary listening post" at Fort Meade.
*
* An admittedly secondhand source insists that the British eavesdroppers
* were the source of the 1992 campaign stories that presidential candidate
* Clinton had expressed pro-Soviet views while a student in London.
*
* Young Clinton's remarks were nothing more than an ambiguous comparison
* of Soviet and American efforts for peace in Vietnam, fairly innocent at
* the time.
*
* Because the wiretap itself could not be disclosed, it set off a scurry
* of searching through archives on both sides of the Atlantic for any
* incrim
Wm James
2004-11-27 00:10:20 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
Supernews already has it caught in the filters. Well, I don't know
LARTing Newsfeed will do anything, so I CC'ed Cogentco, their upstream.
Like that I'll do any better.
There should be logs somewhere.

William R. James
Wm James
2004-11-27 20:44:11 UTC
Something crashed onto the bed behind Winston's back. The head of a
* ladder had been thrust through the window and had burst the frame.
* Someone was climbing through the window. There was a stampede of
* boots up the stairs.
*
* The room was full of solid men in black uniforms, with iron-shod
* boots on their feet and truncheons in their hands.
*
* There was another crash. Someone had picked up the glass paperweight
* from the table and smashed it to pieces on the hearth-stone.

: On May 23, 1994, the BATF and the IRS "searched" the Lamplugh home.
: All firearms were drawn. An M-P5 machine gun was stuck in Harry's face.
: They did not announce who they were or why they were there, and no search
: warrants were displayed. "When I asked if they had a search warrant, their
: first reply was 'shut the fuck up mother fucker; do you want more trouble
: than you already have?', with the machine gun stuck in my face" Harry said.
: "They then proceeded to tear my house apart."
:
: "Because I have cancer, I usually have about 20 bottles of prescription
: drugs on top of my bureau. For some unknown reason, they thought it
: necessary to open the bottles and scatter the contents all over the floor.
: Consequently, two of our cats got into the medication and died horrible
: deaths." In one final unconscionable act, female agent Donna Slusser
: deliberately stomped to death a cherished Manx kitten, and kicked it under
: a tree.

* "1984", author George Orwel
Wm James
2004-11-27 20:37:23 UTC
: of the displayed paraphernalia.
:
: A search warrant is issued, the parents are arrested, and
: the child is put into custody of Child Welfare workers.

# "The Feds Under Our Beds", By James Bovard, The New York Times, 9/6/1995
#
# The Justice Department confiscated the home of an elderly Cuban-American
# couple in Miami after the couple was arrested for playing host to a weekly
# poker game for family and friends.

* "Nynex Mistake Brings Scholarship Offer", NYT, 4/26/1995
*
* Walter Ray Hill, 18, was arrested and jailed for two days based solely on
* his phone number being used for a hoax bomb threat.
*
* Nynex eventually realized one of its employees transposed a number when
* tracing the call. [Ever see Terry Gilliam's movie Brazil?]
*
* A Nynex spokesman said today that they were offering to pay his complete
* four-year tutition bill, and that the offer was unconditional.

In Washington, D.C., police aggressively hassle motorists to give them
permission to search their vehicles. On C-SPAN, U.S. Attorney Eric Holder
further states that if a member of the car makes "furtive gestures" the
police may search the car.

Question: If sweating at the airport can get you a deep probing anal
search by a manly security guard, what "furtive gesture"
will get your car searched when the police stop you and
alt
2004-11-27 19:43:04 UTC
---- - -- ---------- --- ----- ---------

o On Monitoring
- Driver's Seat
- Five Months Statistics
- The FBI Investigations
- I Can See What You Are Thinking
- Why I Monitor
o On Being Monitored

Part 3: 1984 Means a Constant State of War
---- - ---- ----- - -------- ----- -- ---

War #1 - Drugs
War #2 - Guns
War #3 - Child Pornography
War #4 - Terrorism
War #5 - Hackers

Part 4: Why unlimited cryptography must be legislated NOW
---- - --- --------- ------------ ---- -- ---------- ---

o Key Recovery Means No Cryptography
o Key Recovery Isn't Even Feasible
o Government Steamroller
o Feds' Wacky Pro-GAK Logic
- Business Will Demand It
- To Safeguard Your Privacy

Part 5: There is no part five
---- - ----- -- -- ---- ----

Part 6: Louis Freeh & The Creeping Police State
---- - ----- ----- --- -------- ------
Wm James
2004-11-29 07:02:24 UTC
traffic, such as mailing lists.
example: FROM <***@greatcircle.com>
This is done by selecting keywords that match against the routing
information in the email header: who it came from, who it is going to.
The phone analogy is recipient and originating phone numbers.
This cuts down on "noise". "Secret Power" gave examples of this too.

o Search all traffic for a set of keywords that are found (tuned) over
time to have the best results. SOME of the ones I used:

first day
last day
resign
new job
resume
interview
drug test

It's ironic that drug testing of employees is so wide-spread that it can
be used to pick out people looking for new jobs.

o Further exclusion logic (keywords) to isolate the meaning of the
keyword 'resume' to mean job history. Also, UK people say 'CV'.
Example: do NOT allow a sentence fragment like 'resume playing'
to trigger "resume condition" inclusion.

That's how it is done.

I then sit at a terminal and page through a
summary of the results, looking for 'hits'.

That's how DICTIONARY works too.

* The Puzzle Palace, Author James Bamford, 1983 revision
*
* P496-497: You would put in a whole slew of keywords.
* You flip through the results.
Wm James
2004-11-29 06:17:24 UTC
"
#
# "We will REDOUBLE our efforts to put drug criminals behind bars."
#
# "We will only appoint judges who will throw them in jail."

Thank Gawd he didn't become President.

* July Fourth, 1997, C-SPAN Congressional Television
*
* Mark Klaas, father of 12-year-old Polly Klaas, who was murdered by a
* repeat-offender that was paroled from prison, said in support of prevention
* programs: "Building more prisons to fight crime is like building more
* cemeteries to fight the spread of AIDS. It's a bad quick fix. Police
* chiefs across the country support [me] this 4 to 1. Unfortunately, Congress
* can't act "soft" on crime, and is about to pass a very bad bill on
* juvenile crime."

More bizarre distortions in our social fabric due to Zero Tolerance:

6/10/97 MSNBC: California: a ten-year-old girl who reported a classmate
for having a joint was also suspended by the principal, under the school's
Zero Tolerance for drugs policy. Her offense: handling the joint to see if
the other student was kidding her before reporting the other student. The
principal said "too bad, that's what 'Zero Tolerance' means". The little
girl and her mother are shocked. [I am not making these up!!!!!]

6/18/97 NBC News Channel 4 NYC: A career teache
alt
2004-12-07 06:19:08 UTC
operator card system. Sandia's
* state-of-the-art printers and technology for drivers' licenses and
* identification cards are proving to be the system of choice."
*
* Alabama expects to issue about one million new drivers' licenses during
* the first year of the program, with a projected growth of 10 percent a
* year, Sandia said. The process will take a four-year cycle to supply all
* Alabama drivers with the new license as they renew. The Sandia system
* is replacing an 11 year-old system. Alabama is switching to the new
* license production system to improve the quality and timeliness of
* drivers' license issuance, and to reduce counterfeit procurement and
* fraudulent alteration.
*
* The state's system, operated by the Alabama Department of Public Safety
* (DPS), will consist of more than 100 issue sites and a central
* production facility housing Sandia's in-line, one-pass production
* printers. The new system, scheduled to be in operation next year, is
* expected to enhance the quality of support services for law enforce
alt
2004-12-07 08:45:21 UTC
"There were children watching this program. They were exposed
to full frontal nudity and irresponsible sexual activity."
---Rep. Tom Coburn (R-OK), criticizing "Schindler's List."

* NYC 1996: The FBI "investigates" ads on the sides of city buses
* for child pornography. The ads are by Calvin Klein.

The FBI is dizzy from bus fumes.

"Child porn" is one of the great "law enforcement concerns" about
cryptography. The FBI has groused that encryption has stymied prosecutions.

Let us take into consideration actions by the government because of
their "law enforcement concerns" on child pornography.

They have raided private homes and seized computer equipment after monitoring
Internet traffic and spotting regular people browsing WWW/USENET clicking on
an article they CAN'T SEE UNTIL THEY CLICK ON IT which contained nude pixels
representing children.

Out of fear that child-molesting child pornographers might encrypt these
files, even pro-cryptography legislat
alt
2004-12-07 08:47:35 UTC
readiness to combat domestic terrorism [the first arrest in the OKC
* bombing had just been made], the President sought to reassure the
* public that the Government was already making great efforts to do so.
*
* Groping for a specific illustration, he appeared to think twice about
* describing the incident, but then went ahead.
*
* There's been a lot of activity that the public does not see, most of
* which I should not comment on, but let me give you one specific example,"
* he said.
*
* "There was one incident with which I was INTIMATELY FAMILIAR, which
* involved a quick and secret deployment of a major United States effort
* of F.B.I.," and emergency, health and Army forces.
*
* "Because we had A TIP OF A POSSIBLE TERRORIST INCIDENT which, thank
* goodness, did not materialize," the President added.
*
* However, the F.B.I. later stated it was investigating it as a hoax threat.
* A Justice Department spokesman said it was "completely inaccurate" to
* describe the incident as anything other than a hoax.

And how did the President, who said he was 'intimately familiar' with the
incident, come to believe that it was an [informer] tip about a possible
threat, and not an anonymous hoax threat?

The American people are not the only ones the NSA/FBI lie to...

Notice how secrecy keeps playing a major part in all this...June 28, 1996,
NYT, "Lawmaker Tells of High Cost of Keeping Secret Data Secret", the House
intelligence committee said, not even including the CIA, the U.S. spends
FIVE POINT SIX BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR (twice the annual combined budgets of
the FBI and DEA) on "a document classification system stuck on au
alt
2004-12-07 10:31:06 UTC
and more denials by Australian political leaders.
*
* The article contends that (1) America's National Security Agency (NSA)
* is the world surveillance headquarters, and (2) Australia has it's own
* secret "computer center", linked with the NSA via satellite, which
* illegally watches over Australia's citizenry.

Article snippets... capitalization by the original authors...

* On a fateful fall day in America, on November 4th, 1952, a new United
* States government agency quietly was brought into existence through
* presidential decree.
*
* The birth of the National Security Agency on that day so long ago
* heralded the beginning of the world's most sophisticated and all
* encompassing surveillance system, and the beginnings of the greatest
* threat to individual liberty and freedom not only in Australia, but
* the entire planet will ever see.
*
* The NSA grew out of the post war "Signals Intelligence" section of the
* U.S. War Department. It is unique amongst government organizations in
* America, and indeed most other countries, in that there are NO specified
* or defined limits to its powers.
*
* The NSA can (and does) do just about whatever it wants, whenever, and
*
alt
2004-12-07 08:59:51 UTC
and in this manner, Bernie will be
sentenced in 10 days and will most likely be released at that time since
he has already served the time he would probably be sentenced to.
Of course, the down side to this is the fact that the federal government
will interpret this as a green light to lock up anyone in possession of
simple electronic and/or computer tools. And, as has been so aptly
demonstrated by the Ed Cummings case, if they choose to treat the suspect
as a terrorist and lock him/her up for six months with no bail, they won't
have much of a problem finding a judge willing to do this.
Sentencing took place on October 10 and Ed Cummings was sentenced to
seven months in federal prison. The seven month period ended 4 days later.
Okay, so he pled guilty to having a red box, and was sentenced to time served.

Bad enough that any of that happened in the first place.

Now comes the extra vile persecution part...

Three months later, Cummings was in court on violation of probation charges,
because of his guilty plea on the red box.
When Cummings was originally put on probation years ago, the probation
officer told him he thought the whole thing was a big waste of time.
The only thing he was accused of, after all, was taking batteries out
of a tone dialer that a cop was questioning him about. And the really
ironic part was that Cummings wasn't even the person who took the
batteries out - it was one of his friends. But he was not about to turn
a friend in for something so absurd. After all, this was a very minor
thing - he paid a fine of nearly $3,000 and was put on probation and that
was it.
Wh
alt
2004-12-01 16:14:54 UTC
collection of tolls through road-side radio beacons that interact
* with transponders attached to individual cars.
*
* This information obviously invites a wide range of secondary uses, from
* law enforcement to targeted marketing to political repression. The rules
* governing the collection, dissemination, and protection of this
* information have not yet been settled, although the decision-making
* process is already fairly far along.
*
* If ITS lives up to the expectations of its developers then it will have
* implications for virtually everybody. Yet public awareness of ITS is very
* low, and awareness of the privacy issues in ITS is low even in the
* community of privacy advocates.

Could things possibly be on a worse track than they are now?

What is the government saying this is for?

In case the State of New York wants to drive to the State of California,
and be able to warn them that there is a traffic jam in the State of Georgia?

----

Time to get back to the Universal Biometrics / National ID Card.

Texe Marrs was a career Air Force officer who commanded a number of the NSA's
communications centers around the world. The General in charge of the NSA is
Air Force.

As with Canadian spy Mike Frost, Texe has second thoughts about it all.

He found out about a proposal called 'L.U.C.I.D.', which he refers to as
Lucifer's Identification system...a design to enumerate every human, to
pin them down with a Universal Biometrics Card.

It is a proposal to "finish off" connecting all of the NSA's systems together
with all cooperating governments systems and international police systems.

It was set forth in 'The Narc Officer' September/October 1995.

This publication is:

"Official Publication of the International Narcotics Enforcement
Officers Association, Inc."

It proposes tying together all of NSA's disparate systems:

NCIC: N
alt
2004-12-01 19:20:44 UTC
* they expect the test in five years to go from $700 each to a mere $10 and
* take only hours or minutes to accomplish.

----

Something odd is going on; apparently the government is building L.U.C.I.D.

# "Computer Enlisted in Drug War", By Sam Meddis, USA Today, 1/15/1990
#
# A new FBI computer will monitor the activities of suspected drug people
# and open a new era of cooperation between U.S. agencies. It will draw
# it's information from many different sources. It can respond to spoken
# commands and display SATELLITE SURVEILLANCE PHOTOS. [What??? NRO!!!]
#
# The system lists suspect's names and stores data on their cars, travel,
# businesses, phones, FAMILY RELATIONS, meetings, assets and places they
# frequent. The system WILL TRY TO PREDICT THEIR NEXT MOVE.

* "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
* Congressman Neal Smith (Iowa), in his local constituent newsletter,
* discussing the subject of handgun control, boasted:
*
* The Subcommittee on Appropriations which I chair had been actively
* pursuing an effective solution to th
alt
2004-12-01 16:15:09 UTC
in a Foreign Service career and worries about the
* effect the FBI files might have on his chances of obtaining security
* clearances. [snip]
*
* The Pattersons said that they began hearing interference on their
* telephone, including voices, after the visit by the FBI agent and that
* about 50 pieces of mail Todd received from foreign governments from 1983
* to 1988 showed signs of tampering.
*
* But a Justice Department lawyer told the court, "Just because they heard
* funny noises on their telephone and some foreign mail was damaged doesn't
* mean we should start rummaging through agency files and asking if there
* was a wiretap.

The FBI insists on keeping a file ("but we 'closed' it") on him even
though they should have seen he was not a threat to national security.

Fear, loathing, hysteria, and spying on our reading habits:

The FBI also had their counter-intelligence unit start a "Library Awareness
Program", which meant they wanted to know everyone who checked out certain
books.

What a bunch of peeping tommy guns!

* "LIBRARY SPY HUNT IS CURBED BY FBI", By Herbert Mitgang, NYT, 11/11/1988
*
* Bowing to pressure from a House subcommittee and continued resistance from
* librarians, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has set limits on its
* program seeking the help of librarians in "detecting Soviet spies."
*
* Under the Library Awareness Program. which the FBI says has been in exist-
* ence for years, librarians have been asked to report suspicious-looking
* people who
alt
2004-12-01 16:27:51 UTC
people
---that it is okay to kill people to make a point---terrorism was always
referred to as being by "foreign" agents.

After the explosion, President Clinton called for FBI agents to be able to
tap phones at will, as they can do now for organized crime. In other words,
not only was there the OKC bombing terroristic act, the Government freedom
terrorists then demanded even greater Police State powers over all of us.

Internet signature in alt.activism.militia...

In 1794, James Madison pointed out "the old trick of turning every
contingency into a resource for accumulating force in the government."

----

I don't know any terrorists or foreign agents.

But the government seems to know plenty of people who are terrorists.

: The New York Times, 2/10/87
: "Is This America?", by Anthony Lewis
:
: She is 22 years old, a student in San Diego, California. She was born
: in Ramallah, in the West Bank, came to this country at the age of 3.
:
: She is an American citizen, of Palestinian origins.
:
: In her own words:
:
* I was studying, alone at the school library, on the night of Jan 28.
* At about 8:30 a large man, 6 feet tall, came up and shoved a paper in
* front of me. It said 'subpoena' and had my name on it. He flashed what
* looked like a badge and said 'We w
alt
2004-12-01 16:02:28 UTC
The Miranda ruling by the 1966 Supreme Court requires the police inform
criminal suspects of their legal rights before questioning them.

It is classical poetry, even when recited by Dragnet's Joe Friday.

* Justice Department report: "Excerpt From the Report to Meese", NYT, 1/22/87
*
* The Miranda decision reflects a willful disregard of the authoritative
* sources of law. The decision flies in the face of the principals of
* constitutional government and impairs the ability of government to
* safeguard citizens from crime.
*
* It is difficult to conceive of a legislature enacting it into law, either.
*
* It has caused specific evils and is a discredited attempt at criminal
* jurisprudence. Overturning it would be the MOST IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT
* THIS OR ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATION COULD ACCOMPLISH TO PROTECT UNITED
* STATES CITIZENS FROM CRIME.

A constant state of war, for 'national security and national safety' reasons.

The novel '1984', about oppressive government, contains three key features:

o Massive surveillance mechanism
o Constant state of War
o Physical and psychological terror to
control targeted individuals and groups

The constant state of War is used by politicians to
control us little people. As it was in the book 1984.

Did you know the U.S. has been in a
alt
2004-12-01 19:06:05 UTC
reasons given in the previous sections,
the 'debate' reasons constantly given by the government
are reviewed and debunked. And our nation's experts say it
will hurt security. The GAO says the same thing.

o Part 5: There is no part five.

o Part 6: Louis Freeh & The Creeping Police State

Basically, Louis Freeh is the anti-Christ leading us to Hell.
National ID cards are effectively being implemented without
needing to issue cards. The U.S. Government is trying to
monitor all phone calls and banking transactions, and have
all equipment worldwide designed for their monitoring. They
are bent on controlling the world to the point of there being
no crime left on the planet. Of course, democracy destroyed
is the direct result.

----

This publication advocates five major items:

o Passage of ProCode/SAFE legislation, allowing U.S. companies to
export unlimited strength cryptography, free from "Key Recovery".
Key Recovery means messages are no longer a secret, because the
Government has screwed around with it.

o Killing the CALEA legislation, which orders all communications
equipment be DESIGNED so the Government can spy on it.

o Dismantling domestic ECHELON, the Government listening in on our
domestic phone calls.

o A Cabinet-level U.S. Privacy Commission, with teeth.

----

The
alt
2004-12-01 18:39:06 UTC
Sarah, 16, said the baby, Elisheba, was often
* crying for her mother's milk when the FBI messages were heard.

The Justice Department's own report recommended criminal prosecution of
federal agents; the surviving Weavers won $3.1 million in civil damages
from U.S. taxpayers.

Deval Patrick, the Assistant Attorney General for civil rights, and
Louis Freeh, Director of the FBI, took no serious action.

Larry Potts was the senior official in charge of the operation. Not only
was he not prosecuted, Freeh promoted him to acting deputy FBI director.

* "Documents Were Destroyed as FBI Resisted Siege Investigation, Report Says"
* By David Johnston, July 16, 1995
*
* Mr. Pott's former subordinate Michael Kahoe admitted he destroyed key
* documents on the Ruby Ridge assault. The Justice department reports
* documents were destroyed and missing. "We are troubled by the apparent
* lack of a system to preserve such critical records."
*
* The Justice Department, in a March 18, 1993 memo stated, "the FBI's
* intransigence appears to EMANATE from Larry Potts level OR ABOVE."

Larry Potts was a buddy of Louis Freeh. Within the FBI, these special
people are called "FOL" - Friends of Louie. [NYT 5/11/97]

Janet Reno (who had veto power over the promotion) testified what happened
at Ruby Ridge wasn't enough to cause her to veto the promotion, foreshadowing
her actions at Waco.

After two months, controversy (as opposed to events) over Potts' role in
Ruby Ridge prompted Freeh to remove him from the position, to politically
cover his own tush.

Potts and four oth
alt
2004-12-01 17:39:13 UTC
Ten Wanted List.

Maybe they thought she had taken Terrorism 101 at school and
ambitiously decided to start robbing banks of her own accord.

Anyway, there was an episode before they caught her where six
members of the SLA were armed and wholed up in a house.

Outcome?

Five of them were burned to death.

How did the house get set on fire?

A tear gas grenade.

They apparently cannot be deployed without setting a place on fire?

If a place gets set on fire, and the government has many guns pointed at
you, you might not decide to get out in time until it is too late.

o 5 SLA people burned to death from a tear gas grenade.

o An armed wholed-up person burned to death in San Diego on May 2, 1997.
The police fired CS gas into the house. According to the Union Tribune
newspaper: as the CS gas filled the house it ignited, and caused the
entire structure and surrounding trees to be engulfed in flames.

o A member of a violent militia group called 'The Posse' was armed and
wholed up: they simply *purposely* set the house on fire. Burned
him to death.

o Philadelphia police purposely drop an incindiary device on the top
of a building housing an armed and holed-up African-American group
(men, woman & children) called 'Move'. They burned down the entire
neighborhood of 62 homes. 9/28/96 NYT: 1.5 million dollars was awarded
to survivors. Eleven men, women
alt
2004-12-01 16:41:22 UTC
persuaded the NSA to monitor
simultaneously nineteen other U.S. communication hubs.

]

* "Project L.U.C.I.D.", continued...
*
* Fort Meade is the hub of an information gathering octopus whose tentacles
* reach out to the four corners of the earth.
*
* The principal means of communicating this information is by the National
* Aeronautical and Space Administration (NASA) satellite communications
* system, which most people erroneously think exists primarily for the
* space program.
*
* It does not.
*
* The satellites, indeed NASA and the entire American Space Program, exist
* largely to supply the NSA with its telecommunications system. That is why
* the bulk of its operations are officially declared 'secret'. This
* ultimate 'Big Brother' machine even has an official name 'Project
* Platform'.

[
"The Puzzle Palace": all these computer systems are linked together
under Project Platform. The first Cray went to the NSA. p138
]

* Although the NSA was officially formed in 1952, it grew out of an
* International Agreement signed in 1947. Officially termed the "UKUSA
* PACT," this was an agreement between Britain, the U.S.A., Canada, New
* Zealand, Australia and the NATO countries.
*
* The UKUSA PACT was, quite simply and bluntly, an agreement between these
* countries to collect and collate information on their respective citizens
* and to share this information with each other and pass on to Fort Meade.
*
* On March 9th 1977, the Leader of the Opposition, Mr. Bill Hayden, asked
* "questions on notice" on the subject. On April 19, Prime Minister Malcom
* Fraser, declined to answer the questions, "in the interes
alt
2004-12-01 18:51:07 UTC
: Statistics for your account are
: Liquidity Value
: Equity Percentage
: Balance after Trade
: Market Value
: Equity
: Cash Available
: Margin
: Total
: Short
[final snip]

This report concerns Internet public wire traffic of XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX.
Internet traffic is monitored for security and compliance purposes.

----------------------------------
Security Incident Report 10/29/96

Joseph Busy: working on another
job while within XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX
----------------------------------

Aggregate email from Joseph Busy shows he is very involved in running
a business on the side. At the least, he is directing the efforts of
others who work in his other company via his XXXXXX email.

Among the shots he is calling for:

o Find out where our money is: report XXX to the BBB and Chamber of
Commerce and Dunn and Bradstreet as past due 120 days on $200.
o Collect money from the real estate company
o Firm up a meeting for the investment bankers
o Make sure all bids are out
o Make sure distributor list is up to date and credit lines and terms
are verified.
o Where's the money from the Navy?
o Find out costs for health insurance for the company (Ongoing).
o Test program and relay any changes to <name> [a company]
alt
2004-12-01 15:39:30 UTC
129 sa.h
626 sadc.c
532 saga.c
496 sagb.c
45 saghdr.h
1463 sar.c
220 timex.c
3511 total
/* Copyright (c) 1984 AT&T */
/* All Rights Reserved */
/* THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE OF AT&T */
/* The copyright notice above does not evidence any */
/* actual or intended publication of such source code. */
...followed by another email with a subset of the same source,
slightly modified, and the proprietary header stripped out.
I hope it didn't flow past AT&T's ISP connections...
[snip]

********** end excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

This transfer of proprietary source code that USED to be owned by AT&T
did not even qualify for action. Salomon legal stated Salomon has a lower
obligation for third-party copyrights than they did for software they
contracted for themselves, like Sybase. Salomon didn't have a UNIX source
license, so obviously the employee had gotten it elsewhere.

In the following statistic, it was the only non-Salomon source code.

We went from zero monitoring of Internet email traffic to...
On 3/21/96 we had our first security incident report.
By 3/26/96 we had an astonishing 38,000 lines of proprietary source code
outbound.
We were mentally unprepared. Figuratively we were pulling our hair out
wondering when the madness would stop.
It never did.
As I said, the results of keyword monitoring were stunning.

If you look up computer security literature and rea
alt
2004-12-01 17:44:59 UTC
distinction of not only becoming
* the most secretive and most hidden member of America's growing
* intelligence consortium, but also the most thoroughly penetrated.
*
*
*
* The NSA began a McCarthy-type purge, and dozens of NSA employees
* suspected of homosexuality were forced to resign or were fired.
*
* Since then, any hint of homosexual behaviour resulted in either
* the person's not being hired or, if the fact is revealed later,
* being forced to resign.
*
* Any man exhibiting the slightest effeminacy became an instant suspect.
* The Office of Security was on full alert for limp wrists and telltale
* lisps.
*
* During his security clearance polygraph test, Mitchell told his
* interrogator about certain "sexual experimentation" with dogs
* and chickens he had done when he was between the ages of thirteen
* and nineteen.
*
* The Agency's Office of Security thought about it for a week, then issued
* him his security clearance to work at the National Security Agency.

Parting shot #2

!!! Congressional testimony of FBI informer Frank Varelli:
!!!
!!! "I was told that the Burea
alt
2004-12-01 16:43:38 UTC
the driver goes to the bank to pay his/her fines, the
# penalty will be deducted from the memory chip.

Our Military contractors are making money issuing China citizens a National
ID Card??? Our we thinking of what the Communists will do with it???

* "China Tells Internet Users To Register With Police"
* The New York Times, 2/15/1996
*
* China ordered all users of the Internet to register with the police, as
* part of an effort to tighten control over information.
*
* The order came from the Ministry of Public Security.
*
* Network users have been warned not to harm national security, or to
* disseminate pornography.

Well, there's a new way to control Internet users: require them to identify
themselves, no doubt your U.S.-created National ID Card will be required for
access. That ought to stop pornography: identify each and every user.

# "The Great Firewall of China", by Geremie R. Barme & Sang Ye, Wired, 6/97
#
# Xia Hong, China InfoHighway's PR man: "The Internet has been an important
# technical innovator, but we need to add another element, and that is
# control. The new generation of information superhighway needs a traffic
# control center. It needs highway patrols; USERS WILL REQUIRE DRIVER'S
# LICENSES. THESE ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ANY CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT."

In dissenting on the unconstitutionality of the CDA, which a
alt
2004-12-01 17:04:48 UTC
Court.

----

Predatory behavior.

* The New York Times, April 19, 1992
*
* The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, overturned the conviction of a
* Nebraska farmer on charges of receiving child pornography. The only
* pornography the government found was the one item it sent him, "Boys
* Who Love Boys".
*
* It took the government over two years of solicitation to get him to
* order it; he says he didn't know it was illegal.
*
* Among other things, the government said he should order if he 'believes
* in the joy of sex'.
*
* He then heard from yet another Government creation, "Heartland
* Institute for a New Tomorrow" (HINT), which proclaimed that:
*
* o "We are an organization founded to protect and promote sexual freedom and
* freedom of choice. We believe that arbitrarily imposed legislative
* sanctions restricting your sexual freedom should be rescinded through
* the legislative process."
*
* o "Not only sexual expression but freedom of the press is under attack.
* We must be ever vigilant [503 U.S. 545] to counter-attack right wing
* fundamentalists who are determined to curtail our freedoms."
*
* o "As many of you know, much hysterical nonsense has appeared in the
* American media concerning "pornography" and what must be done to stop
* it from coming across your bord
alt
2004-12-01 18:50:05 UTC
General Counsel for the NSA, explained why crooks
* and terrorists who are smart enough to use data encryption would be stupid
* enough to choose the U.S. Government's compromised data encryption
* standard:
*
* "You shouldn't overestimate the I.Q. of crooks."

..which is also apparently their view of the American public.

WE ARE NOW AT AN HISTORICAL CROSSROAD ON THE ENCRYPTION ISSUE.

IF PUBLIC POLICY MAKERS ACT WISELY, THE SAFETY OF ALL AMERICANS WILL
BE ENHANCED FOR DECADES TO COME.

[1984 Newspeak:] BUT IF NARROW INTERESTS PREVAIL, LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL
BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE LEVEL OF PROTECTION THAT PEOPLE IN A DEMOCRACY
PROPERLY EXPECT AND DESERVE. ANY SOLUTION THAT IGNORES THE PUBLIC SAFETY
AND NATIONAL SECURITY CONCERNS RISK GRAVE HARM TO BOTH.

And what was a critical public safety and national security
item the FBI insisted on in the first version of CALEA?

They wanted all cellular phones to continually monitor
the location of the owner, EVEN WHEN NOT IN USE.

Every cellular phone would become a location
tracking monitor for the government.

And why would this be a critical public safety and national security item?

Because:

The NSA/FBI are raving rabid frothing-at-the-mouth lying looneys.

I hope you understand that by now.

*
alt
2004-12-01 18:32:37 UTC
* The results were disappointing.
*
* After four years there was more cocaine on the streets than ever.
* Naturally, it was also cheaper than ever.
*
* The overall crime rate was unchanged too.
*
* Inside Main Justice, such numbers are depressing. To those outside the law
* enforcement community, it might have seemed an ironic, even heretical
* notion, but to many of the career lawyers and prosecutors inside Main
* Justice it was an article of faith that solving the nation's drug problem
* could not be accomplished by prosecution and jail sentences alone. These
* career people feel the answer is self-evident: Education, rehabilitation
* and improving the grim lot of most of those prone to drug addiction ought
* to become national priorities.
*
* Said David Margolis, who had supervised the Criminal Division's anti-
* narcotics efforts in the early 1990s: "Anyone who thinks that drug
* enforcement is primarily a law enforcement issue, they're smoking wacky
* tabacky."

Tell all the damn manipulative politicians.

Jail's not even cost effective.

* RAND Study Finds Mandatory Minimums Cost-Ineffective
* ----------------------------------------------------
*
* Excerpt from RAND Press Release:
*
* Washington, DC, May 12, 1997 -- If cutting drug consumption and
* drug-related crime are the nation's prime drug control
* objectives, then the mandatory minimum drug sentencing laws
* in force at the federal level and in most states are not the
* way to get there.
*
* This is the key finding of "Mandatory Minimum Drug
* Sentences: Throwing Away the Key or
alt
2004-12-01 19:07:13 UTC
that MSNBC SHOWED a police car mounted
device that scans THROUGH our clothes as they drive around.

No amount of control over the population is enough for the U.S. Government.

----

And so, you would be required to carry your National ID Card at all times.

And: it means the government can wildly escalate their control over us.

It becomes an internal passport. You won't be able to switch jobs without it.
Your job histories will be attached to it, just like your SS# tracks your
credit record. Police will be able to demand it from you else arrest you.
It would start out small...maybe for curfew control.

# "Round up the Teenagers", The Washington Post editorial, 6/2/96
#
# Once again quickly echoing his Republican opponent Senator Bob Dole, who
# endorsed the idea of teenage curfews in a California speech, President
# Clinton took the same line in New Orleans on Thursday.
#
# President Clinton recommended to state and city officials a recently
# released Justice Department report on ho
alt
2004-12-01 18:44:51 UTC
by all local police
in their cars when they pull you over.
]
* Originally the government told us that the law requiring us to get a
* driver's licenses was to "protect" us, to make sure people could drive.
*
* Now we know better. For example, as long as the government calls you a
* "deadbeat dad," it can "revoke" your driver's license. What does this
* have to do with making the roads safe? Nothing. Licensing isn't about
* "protecting" us from anything, it is about CONTROLLING us. Our
* "servants" have become dictators.
*
* In a FREE COUNTRY, the public servants do not dictate to the people.
* Folks, we ARE NOT FREE.
*
* Remember the lie about Social Security numbers? They were supposedly
* "for our good," too, just to insure that we were signed up in the social
* security program for our retirement in years to come, right? The old
* cards said, "Not for identification purposes." Now, you can't get a
* BANK ACCOUNT without one, and your money and financial transactions are
* reported to goons and thugs at the IRS who are happy to
alt
2004-12-01 15:48:11 UTC
the dangers of it protecting someone involved in these activities
outweighs right to privacy of everyone else in the United States.

That our communications must be compromised by Government "Key Recovery".

What a bunch of hooey.

War #1 - Drugs
--- -- -----

* The New York Times
*
* December 7 1995. A&E Investigative Reports "Seized by the Law" draws
* attention to a recent embellishment of the criminal law that permits
* Federal agents and the state and local police to confiscate cash and
* property on the suspicion that their owners are involved in drug
* trafficking.
*
* Just suspicion.
*
* No arrest or indictment, much less conviction, is required.

The Dark Ages in America.

* And the fact that most of the proceeds stay with
* the police may be a temptation to confiscation.

Naw, that would never
alt
2004-12-01 18:21:14 UTC
constant.

* The Wall Street Journal, September 7, 1989
*
* Nobel prize-winning economist Milton Friedman, "Every friend of freedom...
* must be as revolted as I am by the prospect of turning the U.S. into an
* armed camp, by the visions of jails filled with casual drug users and of
* an army of enforcers empowered to invade the liberty of citizens on slight
* evidence.
Drug offenders were 6.4 percent of state prison populations in 1980.
Drug offenders were 22.3 percent of state prison populations in 1994.
The growth from less than 20,000 to nearly a quarter of a million was
nearly tenfold.
Nonviolent drug offenders making up 58% of the federal prison population.
Name a single person ever who was robbed by
someone suffering from marijuana withdrawal.

Law Enforcement Hysteria, Propaganda and Lies:

And that Drug War hysteria commercial about the train wreck by the engineer
on pot? They can't quite bring themselves to tell you he had been drinking.
And they still show this ad...

* "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", by Jack Herer, 1992, ISBN 1-878125-00-1
*
* In one ad, the wreckage of a train is shown. Now, everyone will agree
* that no one should attempt to drive a train while high on marijuana.
* But a man's voice says that anyone who tells you 'marijuana is harmless'
* is lying, becaus

TreeNet Admin
2004-11-26 08:11:05 UTC
In article <***@localhost>, ***@treenetnz.com
says...
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
Bad to followup myself so soon, but.

With more posts to check there is a better sig.

_Both_ of the following (seemingly one for each method of injection into
their systems):

Message-ID:*@216.65.98.75>*
Path:*superfeed.net!corp-news!*
--
AJ
Treehouse Networks abuse@
www.treenetnz.com
Tech Zero
2004-11-26 11:24:56 UTC
The voice of "TreeNet Admin" drifted in on the cyber-winds,
from the sea of virtual chaos...
Post by TreeNet Admin
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so
most of you should have it blocked already. For those that don't
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding
out but are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop
on that.
With more posts to check there is a better sig.
_Both_ of the following (seemingly one for each method of
Path:*superfeed.net!corp-news!*
It's no harder then adding a third line to Hamster...
The Tech Zero, Maxx Pollare - Traveling without moving...
Tech Zero
2004-11-27 21:46:33 UTC
consider
the legality of purely domestic wiretaps.

* The Puzzle Palace, Author James Bamford, 1983 revision
*
* P229: "There's your smoking pistol right here." Watters says it is tied
* into the local telephone company circuits, which are interconnected with
* the national microwave telephone system owned by AT&T. Other specialists
* testified to the same thing: purely domestic intercepts.

I would say a MINIMUM of 100 million purely domestic U.S. conversations
are run through NSA keyword monitoring each year.

And who is listening to all our court authorized conversations?

* "Above the Law", by David Burnham, ISBN 0-684-80699-1, 1996
*
* Under a little-noticed section of a 1986 law, Congress dropped the
* requirement that only the FBI's high-priced Special Agents could
* listen to the tapes. The FBI now hires low-cost clerks for what must
* be extremely tedious work.

An army of low-cost clerks are listening to our private conversations?

I feel sick.

----

Conclusion: Louis Freeh is a manipulative liar.

Louis Freeh is a Scary Man with the morals of a styrofoam cup.

National ID Card
-------- -- ----

* C-SPAN Congressional Television: outside coming down the Senate building's
* steps, Senator Biden with Se
Tech Zero
2004-11-29 06:50:27 UTC
the public
* that the new technologies were already preventing them from conducting
* essential wiretaps, senior FBI officials from cities across the United
* States were telling FBI headquarters in Washington THE EXACT OPPOSITE.
* We know this because...[buy the book! Burnham is an American hero.]

Additionally, the FBI/NSA has briefcase-sized devices that can be attached
to any digital telephone company transmission line, and can monitor many
conversations simultaneously.

# "The FBI's Latest Idea: Make Wiretapping Easier"
# By Anthony Ramirez, The New York Times, April 19, 1992
#
# One telecommunications equipment manufacturer said he was puzzled by the
# FBI proposal. "The FBI already has a lot of technology to wiretap digital
# lines," he said, on the condition of anonymity.
#
# He said four companies, including such major firms as Mitel Corporation,
# a Canadian maker of telecommunications equipment, can design digital
# decoders to convert computer code back into voice.
#
# A portable system about the size of a large briefcase could track and
# decode 36 simultaneous conversations. A larger system, the size of a
# small refrigerator, could follow up to 1,000 conversations.
#
# All could be done without the phone company.
#
# James K. Kallstrom, the FBI's chief of technology, [later made head of the
# FBI's New York office], acknowledged that the agency was one of Mitel's
# largest customers, but denied computers had that capability. [What???]

----

And how many conversations does the government listen to?

For when they took the time to get a court authorization:

* "Above the Law", by David Burnham, ISBN 0-684-80699-1, 1996
Murray Watson
2004-11-26 10:42:08 UTC
In news.admin.net-abuse.email - article <MPG.1c11a4894869b0169896c1
@localhost>, on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:38:08 +1300, TreeNet Admin
says...
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
Don't ya just love it when you've got someone soo pissed and he's
puttin on his full court press, then you change the rules and the
location of the game, he's sooo pissed.

Anyone up to vote on a charter for NANAE2? Or if you can contain
yourself and keep things strictly business, slide over to nanabl'
Patricia A. Shaffer
2004-11-26 15:03:18 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
Don't ya just love it when you've got someone soo pissed and he's
puttin on his full court press, then you change the rules and the
location of the game, he's sooo pissed.
Anyone up to vote on a charter for NANAE2? Or if you can contain
yourself and keep things strictly business, slide over to nanabl'
What? Let Moronis/Dipshit drive us out of NANAE? Hell, no!
clifto
2004-11-26 12:58:52 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
I had them blocked just that way a while back and was stupid enough to
unblock them.
Rev. Beergoggles
2004-11-26 14:42:30 UTC
Post by clifto
Post by TreeNet Admin
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
I had them blocked just that way a while back and was stupid enough to
unblock them.
Sent them an complaint and noted that they will remain filtered out till
they "newsfeed" builds in flood filters to prevent this type of abuse.
--
rbg
If I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails.
<sig by KookieJar 6.3, got Kookie?>
Rev. Beergoggles
2004-11-27 21:25:41 UTC
to burn people to death,
rather than bringing them to trial.

Often, tear gas is involved.

----

Randy Weaver at Ruby Ridge.

Persisting, a BATF informant persuaded Weaver, a DECORATED GREEN BERET
VETERAN of Vietnam with NO CRIMINAL RECORD, to sell him two shotguns,
but insisted that Weaver saw the barrels off one-quarter inch short of
the legal limit.

Monitoring him, they knew Mr. Weaver needed money for his family.

Why did the government target Mr. Weaver?

Blackmail.

One of the FBI's favorite activities is spying on political organizations.

They wanted to use him to infiltrate white supremacists groups for the
government. Or face prosecution.

When Weaver refused, he was indicted on guns charges. He was sent two
conflicting court appearance dates. He became paranoid the Government
was out to get him, so he didn't show up. [He was eventually acquitted
of all charges except the original not showing up in court!]

To justify a militaristic retaliation, BATF agents lied to the U.S.
attorney's office. BATF agents claimed that Weaver had a criminal record
and that he was a suspect in several bank robberies.

Both charges were fabrications, even according to BATF Director John Magaw,
who admitted the accusations were "inexcusable" in testimony before Congress.

THREE HUNDRED armed federal agents conducted a siege of the Weavers' mountain
home, first killing Randy Weaver's dog, then his son, then his wife.

A law enforcement wilding.

* The CATO Institute,
Joel Rubin
2004-11-26 15:47:49 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
If your using the Path header, they have a lot of domains feding out but
are setting *!corp-news!* behind those if you dare drop on that.
So likely he is using an open proxy on an ISP which uses newsfeed.com
as an outsource news provider and doesn't require authinfo login if
one is on the right IP?
Norman L. DeForest
2004-11-26 20:54:16 UTC
Post by TreeNet Admin
Dippy has moved on. Lucky to a known Anonymous Proxy Service so most of
you should have it blocked already.
Organisation:*Newsfeed.com*
Telling pine to select all articles with an "X-Comments3:" header
caught a flock of the junk posts with no false positives. I don't
know if there were any false negatives yet but I only have about
ninety more messages to look at. "X-Comments:" and "X-Comments2:"
could probably also be used.
Norman L. DeForest
2004-11-27 19:02:26 UTC
Author James Bamford, 1983 revision
*
* P496-497: You would put in a whole slew of keywords.
* You flip through the results.

And it's damn effective.

I could pick needles out of a haystack. I could find a 16-line Risk Management
report in Salomon's daily 150-230 megabytes of Internet email traffic. It took
only one word: 'risk', and lots of exclusion logic, because the word is used
lots. I had never seen that format of risk report before. It was incoming too.

It sure didn't look like much, but...

The head of Risk Management at Salomon Brothers (real name) replied:

* From ***@sbi Wed Jun 19 03:27:55 1996
* Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 03:27:40 EDT
* To: ***@doppelganger
* Subject: Re: Risk Mgmt Report?
* From: ***@sbi (Richard Bookstaber)
*
* This is proprietary risk/position information.
* Please let me know the circumstances -- who was sending it to whom.
*
* Is it intrafirm, or was it going to someone outside of the firm?
*
* I am in London now, but will check my e-mail.

So, that's spotting one email due to one
word out of say 200,000,000 characters.

Set it up, push a button, check search results.

I picked up so many people in 'resume condition' at Salomon, they ended
up saying they didn't need that report: "We know current conditions."

* "Secret Power", by Nicky Hager
*
* P125 The main c
clifto
2004-11-27 21:59:15 UTC
Odd, since tax-payer paid-for government services is what gives them the power.

But elected representatives will do, you say?

Did you hear any of them mention it during campaigning?

Did Alabama elected officials even mention it with their press
release of a new driver's license, despite that being the plan?

No.

What does that tell you?

We need a cabinet-level Privacy Commission,
with the power to intervene nationwide.

Power to protect us little people from fanatical personal data collection.

We are losing it piece by piece.

Who would have thought the United States would
collect fingerprints from all citizens?

Joel Rubin
2004-11-27 21:42:50 UTC
Biometric Card!

What losers are getting one?

* Sandia and Coms21, currently engaged in an agreement to support the
* People's Republic of China's driver license and national ID card
* program, have partnered to create a fraud-proof solution for on-the-spot
* positive identification of card bearers.
*
* This combination features Sandia's personalization printing and encoding
* technologies that add photos and encode chips onto smart ID cards.
*
* Coms21's hand-held smart card readers then provide portable verification
* of cardholders' personalized information by bringing smart-card stored
* photos, text and graphics up on a screen.

# With the Universal Biometric Card, motorists in Chinese provinces will be
# required to carry the smart cards like a personal driver's license. When
# being stopped for a traffic violation, the driver would have to forward
# the smart card to the traffic cop who would use a card reader/writer to
# access information stored in the card, issue an electronic ticket right on
# the spot with the fines and other information embedded into the smart card
# chip itself. When the driver goes to the bank to pay his/her fines, the

access. That ought t
Murray Watson
2004-11-27 20:02:24 UTC
: I was wrapped up with this case."
:
: Two years before his arrest he had written a book called "Opium for the
: Masses" (Loompanics Unlimited, 1994) which includes how-to sections on
: producing and ingesting opium.
:
: His writings were the sole reason [stated in this article here] for the
: search warrant.
:
: He faced federal drug charges for possessing flowers.
:
: In their fresh form, the illegal poppies, known as Papaver Somniferum,
: grace gardens all over the country with vibrant colors. Bouquets of the
: prohibited poppies can sometimes be found in supermarkets.
:
: Mr. Hogshire was arrested for possession of dried poppy pods which can be
: bought in most any florist's shop or craft store.
:
: The charges have finally been dropped.
:
: Prosecution is so rare his story made the cover of Harper's magazine.
:
: One police officer told him:
:
: "With what you write, weren't you expecting this?"

* "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
* Individuals who have been arrested and their property seized will then be
* transported with other dissi
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-27 19:12:07 UTC
the U.S. Dept.
of War went for it gung-ho, rightfully. Signals intelligence (SIGINT) is the
first step...the NSA grew out of these wartime operations research efforts.

To seek out information from noise, then act on the information.

Target accuracy for precision high altitude bombing requires
a complex feedback mechanism to control deployment (pre-GPS WW II).

* My dad:
*
* Norden bombsights revolutionized aerial bombing.
*
* They were so accurate we stopped putting explosives
* in the bombs and just aimed for people.

Communications, Command and Control. The above wasn't really the best
example of OR, but I did get to quote my dad again. ;-)

* "The Future of War - Power, Technology, and American World Dominance in
* the 21st Century", by George & Meredith Friedman, 1996, ISBN 0-517-70403-X
*
* A discipline named operations research had begun to develop prior to World
* War II that aspired to use quantitative methodologies to develop a science
* of management. [snip]
*
* For the physicists and mathematicians of the Rand Corporation, the
* intuitions of common sense were utterly insufficient as a guide to
* management. Mathematical precision was necessary, and operations
* research promised to supply that precision. [snip]
*
* It had not jumped from the management of particular, limited areas of
* warfare to the structuring of entire campaigns and wars. Operations
* research had not penetrated to the very marrow of conventional warfare,
* that is, not until an attempt was made in 1961 to revolutionize the idea
* of war. This was done by an industrialist named Robert McNamara, who had
* been president at Ford Motor Company.

Stafford Beer is a British cybernetician, and a 'research philosopher'.

In 1970, a Dr. Salvador Allende became president of Chile.

He was a democratically elected Marxist, with 37% of the vote.

Allende immediately embarked on a massive nationalization of
the banks a
Roger Bryant
2004-11-27 18:29:46 UTC
Name : ReconGen::ReconGen()
* Name : LogError
* Name : processQuery
* Name : writeGenFile
* Name : openGeneratedFile
* Name : StartUp
* Name : ReconTool.cc
* Name : ReconTool::ReconTool()
* Name : loadConfig
* Name : getData
* Name : getMultiData
* Name : LogError
* Name : readTableNames
* Name : constructSqlStatement
* Name : processQuery
* Name : storeColumnData - gets various column attributes
* Name : lookupInTableB
* Name : printReportRow
* Name : printEndOfReport
* Name : clearDownRows
* Name : openReportFile
* Name : StartUp
Redhot #2)
: *********************************
: Filename: May_22_96/dfAA16598 Size: 11786, Dated: May 22 16:07
: Subject: prepay.c
: *********************************
static char *rcsid="$Id: prepay.c,v 1.29 1996/03/26 13:42:30 kautilya";
/* Copyright M-) 1995 by Salomon Brothers Inc. All rights reserved.
** Unpublished.
** This software is proprietary and confidential to Salomon Brothers Inc
** and may not be duplicated, disclosed to third parties, or used for
** any purpose not expressly authorized by Salomon Brothers Inc.
** Any unauthorized use, duplication, or disclosure is prohibited by law
** and will result in prosecution. */
About 500 lines of C source outbound. Full source is enclosed.
TreeNet Admin
2004-11-27 20:59:32 UTC
"

[...]

6/18/97 NBC News Channel 4 NYC: A career teacher is forced to resign because
she thought her student was kidding about having a baggie of pot. Students
and parents are stunned. The teacher said she believed her students had better
sense than that, and since she inspected it and it smelled like oregano she
was sure they were kidding her. Students and their parents protest, the school
board asks her back, but she says no, she is too disgusted at her treatment.

Zero Tolerance victims, falling into the abyss.

State troopers really know their "business":

: Robert Fitches, a 22 year-o
clifto
2004-11-29 07:56:37 UTC
to data input personnel, who then enter
: the trades into AAAA. (AAAA is designed to support direct on-line entry by
: Traders, but is not used in this manner on the Emerging Markets Desk.)
: AAAA feeds BBBB at the end of day which in turn feeds relevant downstream
: Salomon systems. AAAA also feeds the CCCC system, which is maintained as
: a stand-alone second level sub-ledger that provides functionality and
: records data not otherwise available. The first level sub-ledger on this
: Desk is DDDD.
:
: PROCESSING
: ----------
:
: All transactions in AAAA should be confirmed orally with counterparties by
: the end of trade date by checking to AAAA. All trades where AAAA and EEEE
: require
[final snip]

It was a LONG "Salomon Internal Audit Division" document, highly detailed,
including historical background info.

This document could be damaging in the wrong hands.

This looked like a Dumb-and-Dumber category transfer.

********** end excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

Five Months Statistics
---- ------ ----------

Okay, I think I've shown you enough security incidents
for you to determine that this is a real thing.

That I am not "full of hooey".

Here is a summary of what I accomplished at Salomon while keyword monitoring.

********** begin excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

---- ------ ----------

I created and did the traffic analysis for five months before handing it
off. The time includes a 2.5 month paralle
Norman L. DeForest
2004-11-29 06:54:37 UTC
lawfully acquired.'
#
# "Leaving users with no recourse will discourage use of the
# system and is a tacit acceptance of unscrupulous government
# behavior."
# - Jim Hickstein - TERADYNE
#
# "Wiretap subjects must be notified within 30 days after the
# operation is completed. If they are innocent, the government
# buys them new equipment to replace that which was compromised
# (per Lynn McNulty)... Nothing forces agents to 'forget' a key
# and stop using it."
#
# "Placing all keys in a central location will invite foreign
# intelligence services to either (a) impose similar requirements
# in their own nations, and/or (b) seek access to keys held by
# U.S. escrow agents, through legal or illegal means. American
# business has well-publicized problems with industrial espionage
# by other nations."
# - Michael B. Packer, Managing Director - Bankers Trust Company

o To Safeguard Your Privacy

* "Clinton's Encryption Plan Fits Law and Market"
* Letters to the Editor, Mickey Kantor, U.S. Secretary of Commerce, 10/9/96
*
* Users may need a "spare key" to recover information that is lost or
* otherwise inaccessible, in much the same way that we give a trusted
* neighbor a spare key to our house...and the U.S. will have that key.

The government says in case you lose you own decryption key,
they will be there to save the day with their LE key. (Key Recovery
has a 'Law Enforcement' key, which is a SECOND key to decrypt the
same traffic.)

Without getting into a lot of technical detail, basically,
the LE KEY = Your Key.

So, because they have a separate but equivalent key, they are claiming
to be your emergency backup key, like a key left with a neighbor.

People who have no idea how computer systems work will
think like that sounds like a reasonable thing.

Like a "good faith attempt to balance...".

Now picture it being YOUR business.

You have a cryptographic key that need
TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 08:48:33 UTC
't let the title throw you: the
authors spoke with a great many intelligence people, and cleverly probed
NSA/CIA/FBI by submitting items for publication approval, and when they
censored something... Bingo.

Because of the Catch-22 situation, the NSA gave up trying to censor many
books, since it can be used to confirm questions they would otherwise have
refused to answer.

The other books referenced within are also suggested reading.
I have sometimes edited for brevity the excerpts, especially
my newspaper clippings of stories flying by.

If I have any news story specifics wrong or if you have more details,
please email me.

Later versions of this document can be searched for at dejanews.com.
Or, you can email me, Subject: Requesting Cryptography Manifesto.

----
---- Here comes a large 'reasoned polemic':
----

This is a U.S.-centric message, but keep reading even if you are not in the
U.S.; British, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand citizens are also directly
affected.

This message is about ECHELON, which is an unbelievably huge world-wide
spying apparatus, including the domestic phone calls of many countries.

United States citizens' phone calls are being monitored in a dragnet
fashion not even George Orwell could have imagined.

This was all p
TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 05:16:38 UTC
all her friends in email - then sent
an email "Subject: For your eyes only" into dttus.com, with an Excel
spreadsheet attached.

It contained detailed compensation numbers for an entire trading desk.

Technically it wasn't a Dumb-and-Dumber, more like a Dumber-to-Luckless,
because the recipient didn't request it.

Anyway, they fired her.

And Deloitte & Touche fired the recipient!!!

I guess they hold their people to very high standards: if you receive
something proprietary of another company's, you'd better report it to
management yourself.

No, Deloitte & Touche didn't spot the transfer.

We had to ask for our email "back".

********** end excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

It just never stopped.

Here are three examples from category:

o Working on another job while within the firm

Internet traffic is mo
Roger Bryant
2004-12-07 07:24:10 UTC
flight coupons
# Car rental discount card(s)
# Train, bus, airplane, toll road and bridge tickets
# Airline flight boarding pass
# Train and bus pass and subscription card
# WHO immunisation certificate
# Personal telephone directory
# Personal telephone number
# Passwords for access to computers, data services, and networks
# Software subscription access keys
# Cable and satellite TV subscriptions
# Cellular phone and personal digital assistant personal ID
# Encryption keys for secure electronic mail, phone, and FAX
# Electronic signature key
#
# Cash
#
# Of course, use of the Universal Biometrics
# Card will start out as voluntary...

They'll say hey, you've already surrendered your biometric number
during fingerprinting for driver's licenses.

It will be too late.

The high-tech American Leviathan will be in place.

* "Project L.U.C.I.D.", by Texe Marrs, 1996, ISBN 1-884302-02-5
*
* The L.U.C.I.D. project "will interface multilingual messages
* from all sources into a common communications network."
*
* The L.U.C.I.D. article gives numerous examples of non-criminal
* information the system will register against everyones Universal
* Biometrics Card...it will control the entire gamut of human activity,
* from jobs and licenses of all kinds to court hearings and indictments,
* custody of children, and permits to own and/or carry a firearm. Massive
* quantities of information will be acquired and made available on demand.
*
* The L.U.C.I.D. authors state it will "support, search, and update data
* ...from the networks of federal, state and local government agencies;
* public and private organizations;" and so on.

What's left to monitor?

Nothing.

Not a damn thing.
TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 05:57:33 UTC
[ an example given in which the NSA wanted to spy on someone within
the US, even though they had no authorization for such an operation ]

..So, two Canadians were sent to conduct a counter-espionage operation
on US soil at US taxpayer expense so that NSA could maintain deniability.

In every way that counts, NSA broke US law and spied on its own citizens.

[ A UK operation by CSE described next. Margaret Thatcher (then Prime
Minister) thinks two of the ministers in her cabinet are not 'on side'
...so she wants to find out if they are... So GCHQ asked CSE operators
to come to London to bug the ministers ]

Increasingly though, both because it's possible and because it's desired,
individuals are caught in the broad net of electronic surveillance.

The experts can record and analyze all your communications at will.

SIGINT organizations in Canada, US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand use
supercomputers such as the Cray to select items of interest. The list
is very fluid and is adapted rapidly to monitor people and policy areas.

At any ti
Roger Bryant
2004-12-07 05:37:34 UTC
of hooey.

The Drug War is primarily about governmental politics and governmental power.

Not about drugs.

Can't afford to look soft on crime, or your opposition will stomp you.

The government uses these "wars" to claim ever greater power over us.

To justify violent no-knock searches by agents not even carrying warrants.

To justify killing the 'exclusion rule' to protect police not citizens.

To justify draconian asset forfeiture laws.

To justify using deadly force.

It's no longer the 1920s, but our government still has reefer madness.

In another astonishing case of corruption due to Congressional asset
forfeiture laws, and yet another violent result of marijuana's Schedule

TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 08:41:28 UTC
This report concerns Internet public wire traffic of XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX.
Internet traffic is monitored for security and compliance purposes.

----------------------------------
Security Incident Report 10/25/96

Raymond Brock: working on another
job while within XXX XXXXXX XXXXXX
----------------------------------

On Fri Oct 25 Raymond Brock sent out an email regarding "a demo" that
triggered a secondary search of his traffic. The results show he is
working on a project outside XXXXXX, with the aid of XXXXXX systems.

This report consists of:

#1 - detailed summary of findings
#2 - Brock's resume
#3 - email between Brock and his partners
#4 - sorted-unique list of sites/URLs visited
#5 - one full days WWW log

Prepared by Guy on 10/28/96.

Roger Bryant
2004-12-07 05:26:29 UTC
did
* you have?'" asked the FBI agents in at least one exchange.
*
* Weaver's daughter, Sarah, 16, said the baby, Elisheba, was often

* By David Johnston, July 16, 1995
*
[...]

Potts and four other top FBI officials have been suspended while a federal
criminal probe investigates th
TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 07:25:37 UTC
every other nation we can be rest assured of
# remaining No. 1 for many years.
#
# What kind of society are we hoping to create by this policy of wholesale
# incarceration? What will these millions of branded people, most of them
# unskilled, uneducated, and brutalized by imprisonment, be prepared to do
# when they emerge after many years?

This section is also about abusing citizens to control targeted individuals.
Examples are scattered throughout. Here come some now...

* "1984", author George Orwell, 1949, ISBN 0-679-41739-7
*

TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 05:51:27 UTC
rates. [not shown!]
Fear, loathing, and somehow the public clamoring for a Police State.

* Police chiefs, prosecutors, judges, FBI directors and the politicians who
* supported their cause have long waved the bloody crime flag to rally the
* public to their various causes.
*
* During the twenty-year period that presidents from Nixon to Clinton were
* agitating the public about the national crime menace, the evidence shows
* the American people were gradually experiencing less and less crime.
*
* In a May 1994 speech to the American Law Institute Freeh made an
* IMPASSIONED plea on behalf of a controversial change in the nation's
* wiretap law that he was then trying to persuade Congress to approve.
*
* "If you think crime is bad now," he warned the assembled lawyers, "just
* wait and see what happens if the FBI one day is no longer able to conduct
* court-approved electronic surveillance."

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum Drum
War War War War War War War War War War War War War War War

WE ARE NOW AT AN HISTORICAL CROSSROAD ON THE ENCRYPTION ISSUE.

THE SAFETY OF ALL AMERICANS [is at stake].

ANY SOLUTION THAT IGNORES THE PUBLIC SAFETY AND
NATIONAL SECURITY CONCERNS RISK GRAVE HARM TO BOTH.

Louis Freeh is lying.

* "Above the Law", by David Burnham, ISBN 0-684-80699-1, 1996
*
* The FBI attributes to wiretaps less than three percent of all judgements.
* Thus the FBI assertion that electronic surveillance is essential to
* investigating crime and nabbing spies and terrorists cannot be taken
* at face value.

Monitoree John DeLorean sends his regards.

TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 08:58:01 UTC
filtration for all homeostatic loops at all levels
* of recursion, and provide alerts via an 'arousal filter'.
*
* Checo, the model of the Chilean economy, with simulation capacity.
*
* Opsroom, a new environment for decision, and dependent for its
* existence on the existence of the other three.
*
* Cybernet was a system whereby every single factory in the country,
* contained within the nationalized social economy, could be in
* communication with a computer.
*
* The intention of Cybernet was to make computer power available to the
* workers' committees in every factory.
*
* How could this be done?
*
* The basic idea was that crucial indices of performance in every plant
* should be transmitted daily to the computers, where they would be
* processed and examined for any kind of important signal that they
* contained. If there was any sort of warning implied by these data,
* then an alerting signal would be sent back to the managers of the
* plant concerned.

What are 'arousal filter' and 'homeostatic loops'?

The scope of Cybernetics is, in a word, awesome.

A cyberneticist can talk from atoms to cells to nervous systems, to
management of a compan
Roger Bryant
2004-12-07 06:32:28 UTC
to me".

The email recipient is a Fred XXXXXXX, who works at PEI,
"Tel: (718) nnn-nnnn, Fax: (718) nnn-nnnn".

Another referenced person, "Gary", has the skills/job for making brochures.
Gary has an email name of "xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx" at ISP ATT.
He receives a copy of Mr. Busy's email via Fred, might work at PEI too.
They also have a database programmer, possibly Fred.

Enclosed trailing are the actual emails.

Prepared by Guy on 10/30/96.

[final snip]

:Date: Mon, 6 May 96 18:02:24 EDT
:From: guy
:To: ***@sbi
:Subject: Bob Brain report
:Cc: <others>

This is a report on the Internet traffic of Bob Brain.

The Internet is a public wire, which Salomon is obligated
to monitor for security/compliance reasons.

Mr. Brain showed up on radar when he transferred out
over 12,000 lines of source code which was extensively
maintained by more than one Salomon person, to Merrill Lynch.

His individual traffic (public Internet) was then pulled
from backups.

This is the summary report of what has been found.

Prepared by Guy, 5/6/96.

##### ####### # # ####### ####### # # ####### #####
# # # # ## # # # ## # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # ##### # #
TreeNet Admin
2004-12-07 06:59:06 UTC
"Star
* Wars" at the local theater, the audience of Australian and American Air
* Force personnel, and squadrons of their children, lets out a whoop. As the
* lights go on, everyone is beaming.
* [snip]
*
* Pine Gap employs nearly 1,000 people, mainly from the CIA and the U.S.
* National Reconnaissance Office.
*
* It is the ground station for a U.S. satellite network that intercepts
* telephone, radio, data links and other communications around the world.

Worldwide telephone interception.

New Zealand: Unhappy Campers

You'd be unhappy too if French terrorists - er - French intelligence agency
operatives sank a ship (GreenPeace!) on the shores of your country, and the
USA controlled ECHELON system failed to warn you.

Here comes the usual - GROAN: "the usual" -
PLUS a description of the basic mechanisms.

Spy tools, come 'n' get yer spy tools...a comprehensive look at ECHELON
DICTIONARY. A look at the Beast in your phone. This is the big one.

In the section after this, 'On Monitoring', I give detailed examples of
the capability of ECHELON DICT