Pastor Mountain Drew
Usenet Account
2013-02-01 16:29:32 UTC

2013-02-01 17:15:04 UTC

2013-02-06 23:01:58 UTC
<snip large list>
No, all of those were notable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability
Nasty.

I like it.

Seth

David Ritz
2013-02-01 17:29:14 UTC
On Friday, 01 February 2013 11:29 -0500,
Post by Usenet Account
Will he follow in the footsteps of;
Aimee Semple McPherson,
Lonnie Frisbee,
Marjoe Gortner,
[...]
Post by Usenet Account
David Yonggi Cho,
Kong Hee,
Mark Stibbe,
Or Church?
Scientology,
Hare Krishna
The Unification Church,
Children of God,
Heaven’s Gate,
The Solar Temple,
Branch Davidians,
The People’s Temple,
Where, oh where, is Steve Winter on your list? At least he managed to
achieve network abuse notoriety.

- --
David Ritz <***@mindspring.com>
Be kind to animals; kiss a shark.
Andy
2013-02-01 17:38:12 UTC
Where, oh where, is Steve Winter on your list?  At least he
managed to achieve network abuse notoriety.
There was another guy, too... Somebody Somebody the third... Aaargh.
Brain cells not cooperating on this one... I remember his name had a
lot of "O"s in it... Anyone?

-- Andy
BEI Design
2013-02-01 18:04:05 UTC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon
?
Andy
2013-02-01 18:05:04 UTC
Post by BEI Design
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon
?
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.

Oliver (somebody) the Third...?

-- Andy
Andy
2013-02-01 18:21:06 UTC
Post by Andy
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.
Oliver (somebody) the Third...?
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the same general
topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy I'm ransacking
my brain to remember, however.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/

P.P.S. I was trying to decide whether to write "racking my brain" or
"wracking my brain" above, but decided to avoid the whole issue. :-)

-- Andy
BEI Design
2013-02-01 19:04:53 UTC
Post by Andy
Post by Andy
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.
Oliver (somebody) the Third...?
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the
same general
topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy I'm
ransacking
my brain to remember, however.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/
What a fun read, thanks!
Post by Andy
P.P.S. I was trying to decide whether to write "racking
my brain" or "wracking my brain" above, but decided to
avoid the whole issue. :-)
Please go with "wracking". The local "newspaper" lets
reporters get away with "racking" and I see
pool-table-triangles every time.

Still can't help with your original query. I thought maybe
"Lord Nigel Featherston" but he wasn't a "third" TTBOMK.
http://tinyurl.com/lord-nigel
Usenet Account
2013-02-01 19:10:17 UTC
If Drew church of The Church of the Holy Spamlchre works, do we expect
to see The Reverend Richard Scoville Church of the Unproven Allegation
to be next?
This space intentionally left blank.
David Ritz
2013-02-01 19:14:02 UTC
On Friday, 01 February 2013 11:04 -0800,
Post by Andy
P.P.S. I was trying to decide whether to write "racking my brain"
or "wracking my brain" above, but decided to avoid the whole issue.
:-)
Please go with "wracking". The local "newspaper" lets reporters get
away with "racking" and I see pool-table-triangles every time.
I pictured Andy placing his brain on the rack and cranking away.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_%28torture%29>

::snrk::

- --
BEI Design
ObQuirk! No such organ in evidence.
David Ritz
2013-02-01 20:05:04 UTC
On Friday, 01 February 2013 11:22 -0800,
Post by BEI Design
Post by David Ritz
On Friday, 01 February 2013 11:04 -0800,
^^^^
Post by BEI Design
Post by BEI Design
Post by David Ritz
cranking away.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_%28torture%29>
ObQuirk! No such organ in evidence.
My reference was to Andy (Green), not Andrew Jacob StePHens, currently
operating under the assumed name, Andrew SteVens.

As for Andrew the spamboi, there is evidence of a brain, regardless
how little of it is functional on a self-aware basis.

- --
David Ritz <***@mindspring.com>
"He is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and
island are the laws of nature." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Larry Sheldon
2013-02-01 19:51:20 UTC
Post by Andy
P.P.S. I was trying to decide whether to write "racking my brain"
or "wracking my brain" above, but decided to avoid the whole issue.
:-)
Please go with "wracking". The local "newspaper" lets reporters get
away with "racking" and I see pool-table-triangles every time.
I pictured Andy placing his brain on the rack and cranking away.
I am still stuck on the pool-table metaphor.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_%28torture%29>
I visited Westminster Castle and the Tower of London and I have
nightmares about some of the devices I saw (of which the rack is but a
minor annoyance) and no longer see anything funny about them.

Humans committing atrocities is not Eastern and not recent--we (in every
sense, the global "we") have been hurting each other for a long time.
--
Idioten aangeboden. Gratis af te halen.
h/t Dagelijkse Standaard

ICBM Data: http://g.co/maps/e5gmy
Larry Sheldon
2013-02-01 19:15:29 UTC
Post by BEI Design
Post by Andy
Post by Andy
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.
Oliver (somebody) the Third...?
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the
same general
topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy I'm
ransacking
my brain to remember, however.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/
What a fun read, thanks!
New kids.

What happened to people like Mark Ethan Smith and Brian Hutchings?

D Baten
2013-02-02 00:05:41 UTC
Post by Larry Sheldon
Post by BEI Design
Post by Andy
Post by Andy
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.
Oliver (somebody) the Third...?
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the
same general
topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy I'm
ransacking
my brain to remember, however.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/
What a fun read, thanks!
New kids.
What happened to people like Mark Ethan Smith
Whoa Nellie! Marcia Ellen Bazer, I remember reading her (as Mark) on the
Well, as early as the mid 80's

Couple years ago started

fubarandgrill.org
Post by Larry Sheldon
and Brian Hutchings?
Meh - Rouchie has been posting in several 'space' forums - and of
course, politics...

Larry Sheldon
2013-02-02 00:22:34 UTC
Post by D Baten
Post by Larry Sheldon
Post by BEI Design
Post by Andy
Post by Andy
No, no, he was right here in Usenet-land, years ago.
Oliver (somebody) the Third...?
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the same
general topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy
I'm ransacking my brain to remember, however.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/
What a fun read, thanks!
New kids.
What happened to people like Mark Ethan Smith
Whoa Nellie! Marcia Ellen Bazer, I remember reading her (as Mark) on
the Well, as early as the mid 80's
Back to a "female" name?! The WELL is where I encountered here--or
watched hlr bait her.
Post by D Baten
Couple years ago started
fubarandgrill.org
Post by Larry Sheldon
and Brian Hutchings?
Meh - Rouchie has been posting in several 'space' forums - and of
course, politics...
Another of Howard's windmills.

Interesting to note that some of that was before there was an Internet.

David Ritz
2013-02-01 19:08:27 UTC
On Friday, 01 February 2013 10:21 -0800, in article
Post by Andy
P.S. Here's an interesting and quite recent blog on the same general
topic that came up while Googling. No sign of the guy I'm ransacking
my brain to remember, however.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/31/where-have-all-the-usenet-kooks-gone/
Pharyngula is an excellent and highly recommended Science blog. I
used to subscribe, via RSS. I'll have to figure out why it isn't
still, along with Mickey Chandler's Spamtacular, Laura Atkins' Word to
the Wise and Al Iverson's Spam Resource blogs.

Damned software 'upgrades'.

- --
Larry Sheldon

Robert Bonomi
The only 'third' that springs to mind is: Colin James III.
David Ritz
2013-02-01 18:41:22 UTC
On Friday, 01 February 2013 09:38 -0800, in article
Post by Andy
Where, oh where, is Steve Winter on your list?  At least he managed
to achieve network abuse notoriety.
There was another guy, too... Somebody Somebody the third... Aaargh.
Brain cells not cooperating on this one... I remember his name had a
lot of "O"s in it... Anyone?
Colin James III.

- --
Andy
2013-02-01 18:45:12 UTC
Post by David Ritz
Post by Andy
There was another guy, too... Somebody Somebody the third... Aaargh.
Brain cells not cooperating on this one... I remember his name had a
lot of "O"s in it... Anyone?
Colin James III.
THANK YOU. Yes, the ol' Reverend CJ3. Wonder what he's up to these
days...

-- Andy
Larry Sheldon
2013-02-01 19:11:57 UTC
Post by Andy
Post by David Ritz
Post by Andy
There was another guy, too... Somebody Somebody the third... Aaargh.
Brain cells not cooperating on this one... I remember his name had a
lot of "O"s in it... Anyone?
Colin James III.
THANK YOU. Yes, the ol' Reverend CJ3. Wonder what he's up to these
days...
Interesting to see the results of asking Bing about Colin James III.

Taki Kogoma
2013-02-01 23:45:29 UTC
Post by Andy
Where, oh where, is Steve Winter on your list?  At least he
managed to achieve network abuse notoriety.
There was another guy, too... Somebody Somebody the third... Aaargh.
Brain cells not cooperating on this one... I remember his name had a
lot of "O"s in it... Anyone?
Clarence "God is Comming Soon" Thomas IV. Predating the Canter and
Siegel Usenet Spam fountain by a couple of months.

Gym "Or did you have another religious spammer in mind?" Quirk
--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk (Known to some as Taki Kogoma) quirk @ swcp.com
Just an article detector on the Information Supercollider.
BEI Design
2013-02-01 19:38:50 UTC
Post by Usenet Account
Will he follow in the footsteps of;
Aimee Semple McPherson,
Lonnie Frisbee,
Marjoe Gortner,
Billy James Hargis,
Neville Johnson,
Jimmy Swaggart,
Marvin Gorman,
Jim & Tammy Bakker,
Peter Popoff,
Morris Cerullo,
Mike Warnke,
Robert Tilton,
Melissa Scott,
Jim Williams,
W. V. Grant,
Bob Moorehead,
Ian Bilby,
Roy Clements,
John Paulk,
Frank Houston,
Roberts Liardon,
Pat Mesiti,
Paul Crouch,
Douglas Goodman,
Paul Cain,
Wayne Hughes,
Kent Hovind,
Ted Haggard,
Paul Barnes,
Lonnie Latham,
Gilbert Deya,
Earl Paulk,
Coy Privette,
Thomas Wesley Weeks, III,
Michael Reid,
Joe Barron,
Todd Bentley,
Michael Guglielmucci,
Ergun Caner,
George Alan Rekers,
Eddie L. Long,
Marcus Lamb,
Vaughn Reeves,
Stephen Green,
Albert Odulele,
Allan Cundick,
David Yonggi Cho,
Kong Hee,
Mark Stibbe,
Or Church?
Scientology,
Hare Krishna
The Unification Church,
Children of God,
Heaven’s Gate,
The Solar Temple,
Branch Davidians,
The People’s Temple,
Good list! Add:

William Ashley "Billy" Sunday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Sunday
Usenet Account
2013-02-01 19:46:54 UTC
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
[...]
http://youtu.be/Ykn8YcIbmfo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Sunday
The original list was Evangelists that had trouser trouble, ie trouble
keeping them on. I didn't include insanity... Otherwise I would have had
the Rev. Dr. Eugene Scott at the top of the list.

This space intentionally left blank.
Larry Sheldon
2013-02-01 19:55:05 UTC
Post by Usenet Account
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
[...]
http://youtu.be/vJxKQ-WOFFE
I used to watch Scott during his entertaining teaching.

Usenet Account
2013-02-01 19:58:27 UTC
Post by Larry Sheldon
Post by Usenet Account
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
[...]
I liked watching him dis various Evangelists involved in scandals!
This space intentionally left blank.
BEI Design
2013-02-01 20:02:08 UTC
Post by Usenet Account
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
[...]
You think Aimee Semple McPherson wore trousers?

I offer no opinion on Ms. Bakker's attire, although I'm
pretty sure she cornered the market on mascara.
Oh, myYYyyy!
Andre
2013-02-01 22:00:26 UTC
Post by BEI Design
I offer no opinion on Ms. Bakker's attire, although I'm
pretty sure she cornered the market on mascara.
I watched her a few times during the '80's. She would "spontaneously" burst into tears; after a couple of minutes, she looked like Alice Cooper !

Andre
D Baten
2013-02-02 01:29:57 UTC
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
I didn't include
insanity... Otherwise I would have had the Rev. Dr.
Eugene Scott at the top of the list.
http://youtu.be/vJxKQ-WOFFE
Oh, myYYyyy!
Have you caught his youngish wife?

http://www.pastormelissascott.com/dr-gene-scott.shtml
Larry Sheldon
2013-02-02 01:39:23 UTC
Post by D Baten
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
I didn't include
insanity... Otherwise I would have had the Rev. Dr.
Eugene Scott at the top of the list.
http://youtu.be/vJxKQ-WOFFE
Oh, myYYyyy!
Have you caught his youngish wife?
http://www.pastormelissascott.com/dr-gene-scott.shtml
She was mentioned in the opening list.

Jim Higgins
Maybe that's why he died in 2005 or so?
Usenet Account
2013-02-02 04:32:35 UTC
Post by Jim Higgins
Post by D Baten
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
I didn't include
insanity... Otherwise I would have had the Rev. Dr.
Eugene Scott at the top of the list.
http://youtu.be/vJxKQ-WOFFE
Oh, myYYyyy!
Have you caught his youngish wife?
http://www.pastormelissascott.com/dr-gene-scott.shtml
Maybe that's why he died in 2005 or so?
Hmmm, he had prostate cancer, and refused treatment.
This space intentionally left blank.
D Baten
2013-02-02 01:26:05 UTC
Post by BEI Design
Post by Usenet Account
[...]
I'm thinking more along the lines of 'Brother Dave Gardner'

I was lyin’ in the gutter, all covered up with beer!
Pretzels in my eyebrow, I feared the end was near,
When along come The Salvation Army
and they saved me from the hearse.
Everybody bust a gut, sing the second verse:

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Throw a nickel on the drum, save another drunken bum!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Throw a nickel on the drum and you’ll be saved!
Oh, G-L-O-R-Y, I’m S-A-V-E-D!
I’m so H-A-P-P-Y to be F-R-double-E (hee-hee!)!
F-R-double-E from the ways of S-I-N!
Glory, glory, hallelujah, tra-la-la-l’-amen!

That Person II

Just that other person
D Baten
2013-02-01 21:32:40 UTC