Spamhaus.org: One of INTERNET'S BIGGEST SCAMS ever devised
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 15:22:11 UTC
Let's see what this page: http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ says: "ZEN
is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one single powerful
and comprehensive blocklist to make querying faster and simpler.
It contains the SBL, the XBL and the PBL blocklist."

Now, let's dissect the SPAMHAUS LIES and CON-TRICKS:

1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of the
CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does *not*
belong to spamhaus.

2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org).
Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to spamhaus.

3) The SBL, the most useless of the 3 block lists in ZEN (AKA the
spamhaus data feed) for which unsuspecting businesses pay up to
$14,500 per year, is the *only* DNSBL that originates from spamhaus.

Let's summarize: There is only 1(One) spamhaus DNSBL and that is
called the SBL (spamhaus block list). There is no such entity as
"spamhaus DNSBLs(in plural)". ZEN and the usages of 'spamhaus
DNSBLs' and 'ZEN DNSBL' are pure MARKETING CON-TRICKS devised by
the CONMAN itself, Steve Linford, the sleazy CEO of spamhaus.

For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making racket that
operates from England under the cover of fighting spammers. It
charges gullible corporations a cool $14,500 per year for their
useless blacklist, called 'SBL'. Spamhaus.org and Steve Linford
pay ZERO TAXES ON THE (RANSOM) PROFITS THEY COLLECT.

It is about time the SPAMHAUS FRAUD is stopped in its tracks.
p***@yahoo.com
2007-04-10 19:21:46 UTC
[Truncated]
Obviously you have never heard of "economy of scale," and that of
"total cost of use".

Do you manage a large scale email system?

There are no victims, and no one is paying Spamhaus unknowingly for
their service, it is done with full knowledge.

With one data feed to deal with - the combined cost of management,
connection load on the data links, and the additional equipment needed
to process the additional RBL feeds is smaller then having to deal
with multiple feeds, be they free-or-whatever may have the appearance
of a lower up-front cost; but they do have a higher back end cost.
This may not be true for small systems, but scale that to systems with
many thousands of users.

Having to deal and support four or five "free" feeds has a higher back-
end cost then dealing with one combined feed even though it is a "pay"
feed.

Yes, there is a premium. The same can be true of basic cable TV vs.
free-to-air TV. Limited basic cable carries only the channels that are
available over the air, which are free, but they charge a fee every
month for that service. The difference is we get one little wire in to
the house instead of dealing with four different antennas or having to
adjust rabbit ears every time we change the channel. The charge is for
a convenience that saves time and effort.

CBL and NJABL indeed offers its service to smaller users for free but
strongly suggests that large users get their data feed from an
aggregate service such as Spamhaus as they are not directly equipped
to deal with high volume users. The all admit this freely.

There is no fraud; they tell us exactly what they do and where they
get their data when they combine it in one easy to manage and use data
feed.

Would you say it is better to pay more in back-end expenses to manage
five feeds across four data centers around the world or manage one
COMBINED feed?

The use of the combined data feed in this case also reduces complains
due to the fact that 70% spam is accurately filtered off the top,
reducing the need for less accurate, and more management intensive
content filters. Complaints are reduced from the user base by the
purchase and use of the above mentioned service.

Your facts have been debunked. Next argument.

p***@yahoo.com
2007-04-10 19:25:06 UTC
[Truncated]
[Truncated]
I apologize for feeding the troll, I just hate to see ignorance and
illogic propagate.
Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
2007-04-10 19:25:50 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Your facts have been debunked. Next argument.
YHBT.
--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

http://members.cox.net/larrysheldon/
Laurence's Ghost
2007-04-10 19:29:54 UTC
SPAMHAUS PUPPET Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. dribbled:

<as usual, nothing of value or use from the Laurence troll>

PDNFTT.
p***@yahoo.com
2007-04-10 19:37:13 UTC
Agreed. But it was good exercise in any case.
Laurence's Ghost
2007-04-10 19:40:12 UTC
You are only proficient in generating bull crap.
p***@yahoo.com
At least I am good at something.
Anti-Scam Watch

p***@yahoo.com
2007-04-10 20:09:02 UTC
I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Let's see what this page:http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/says: "ZEN
is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one single powerful
and comprehensive blocklist to make querying faster and simpler.
It contains the SBL, the XBL and the PBL blocklist."
Correct: it is a *combination* in to a one-stop place to get multiple
RBLS all at once. TCO is lowered when you can use combined resources.
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of the
CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does *not*
belong to spamhaus.
True, CBL doesn't belong to Spamhaus. Spamhaus is a VAR or "Value
Added Reseller" of CBL.
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org).
Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to spamhaus.
True, NJABL-DUL doesn't belong to Spamhaus. Spamhaus is a VAR or
"Value Added Reseller" of NJABL-DUL.
3) The SBL, the most useless of the 3 block lists in ZEN (AKA the
spamhaus data feed) for which unsuspecting businesses pay up to
$14,500 per year, is the *only* DNSBL that originates from spamhaus.
An opinion of the original poster. But it seems to work just fine for
many subscribers, or they wouldn't use the service.

[truncated for space]
For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making racket that
operates from England under the cover of fighting spammers. It
charges gullible corporations a cool $14,500 per year for their
useless blacklist, called 'SBL'. Spamhaus.org and Steve Linford
pay ZERO TAXES ON THE (RANSOM) PROFITS THEY COLLECT.
In what way are the corporations gullible when it is cheaper to pay
for one service then manage several "free" services?

Well, my lunch break is over, it's been fun feeding the troll at the
zoo. See ya!
Martijn Lievaart
2007-04-10 21:47:38 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org).
Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to spamhaus.
True, NJABL-DUL doesn't belong to Spamhaus. Spamhaus is a VAR or "Value
Added Reseller" of NJABL-DUL.
As I understand it, the PBL is independent of NJABL-DUL, but they were so
similar, NJABL stopped providing their DUL.

M4
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 21:56:35 UTC
Post by Martijn Lievaart
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist
(www.njabl.org). Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to
spamhaus.
True, NJABL-DUL doesn't belong to Spamhaus. Spamhaus is a VAR
or "Value Added Reseller" of NJABL-DUL.
As I understand it, the PBL is independent of NJABL-DUL, but
they were so similar, NJABL stopped providing their DUL.
Wrong. The PBL originates from NJABL-DUL. Which means, the PBL
started life as 100% NJABL-DUL. And NJABL is still available for
FREE from www.njabl.org. Who said they stopped providing it?
Anti-Scam Watch
s/NJABL is still/NJABL-DUL is still/
Michael Moroney
2007-04-11 00:59:49 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Martijn Lievaart
As I understand it, the PBL is independent of NJABL-DUL, but
they were so similar, NJABL stopped providing their DUL.
Wrong. The PBL originates from NJABL-DUL. Which means, the PBL
started life as 100% NJABL-DUL. And NJABL is still available for
FREE from www.njabl.org. Who said they stopped providing it?
The people running NJABL, that's who.

http://njabl.org/dynablock.html

"With the advent of Spamhaus's PBL, dynablock has become obsolete. Rather
than maintain separate similar DNSBL zones, NJABL will be working with
Spamhaus on the PBL. For the next several months, dynablock.njabl.org will
exist as a copy of the Spamhaus PBL. After dynablock users have had ample
time to update their configurations, the dynablock.njabl.org zone will be
emptied."

OK, they haven't stopped providing it _yet_. Right now the NJABL-DUL is
just a mirror of Spamhaus's PBL, and soon it will be shut down completely.

Regardless of its origins, that blocklist is being maintained by Spamhaus,
and now is Spamhaus' list.

Oh, even your own statement that it's NJABL's list is false, since NJABL
state they got it from dynablock.easynet.nl, now defunct.

BTW, the CBL maintainers want people to use Spamhaus rather than them, too.
From http://cbl.abuseat.org/faq.html:

"Generally speaking, we prefer users to use the SpamHaus DNSBL system to
get access to the CBL, instead of the CBL directly. This has a number of
benefits including more DNS servers answering queries (hence less chance
of overload/delay on queries) as well as being able to query all of their
DNSBLs in one query. The CBL is wholly included in (and in fact is the
largest part of) the Spamhaus XBL subzone.

We recommend that you use the zen.spamhaus.org zone, see that link on how
to use it."

So, if the people at NJABL want you to use Spamhaus to use their list, and
the people at CBL want you to use Spamhaus to use their list, plus zen is
so convenient for admins to use, why should anyone use NJABL-DUL and CBL?
Matthew Sullivan
2007-04-11 04:19:14 UTC
Post by Michael Moroney
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Martijn Lievaart
As I understand it, the PBL is independent of NJABL-DUL, but
they were so similar, NJABL stopped providing their DUL.
Wrong. The PBL originates from NJABL-DUL. Which means, the PBL
started life as 100% NJABL-DUL. And NJABL is still available for
FREE from www.njabl.org. Who said they stopped providing it?
The people running NJABL, that's who.
http://njabl.org/dynablock.html
"With the advent of Spamhaus's PBL, dynablock has become obsolete. Rather
than maintain separate similar DNSBL zones, NJABL will be working with
Spamhaus on the PBL. For the next several months, dynablock.njabl.org will
exist as a copy of the Spamhaus PBL.
Which I must say is really interesting as Steve Linford himself said
(here in NANAE) the PBL was not a DUL/DUHL/Dynablock.

Regards,

Mat
Angel
2007-04-11 06:00:48 UTC
Post by Matthew Sullivan
Post by Michael Moroney
"With the advent of Spamhaus's PBL, dynablock has become obsolete. Rather
than maintain separate similar DNSBL zones, NJABL will be working with
Spamhaus on the PBL. For the next several months, dynablock.njabl.org will
exist as a copy of the Spamhaus PBL.
Which I must say is really interesting as Steve Linford himself said
(here in NANAE) the PBL was not a DUL/DUHL/Dynablock.
As I understand it, the PBL is a list of IP addresses of which their
owners have stated they should not be sending email (except to the ISP's
smarthost). That's not quite the same as a DUL/DUHL/Dynablock, although
it probably has similar effects. But a listing on the PBL does not mean
that the address is dynamic.

As stated on http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/
"The Spamhaus PBL is a DNSBL database of end-user IP address ranges
which should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email to any
Internet mail server except those provided for specifically by an ISP
for that customer's use. The PBL helps networks enforce their Acceptable
Use Policy for dynamic and non-MTA customer IP ranges.

"PBL IP address ranges are added and maintained by each network
participating in the PBL project, working in conjunction with the
Spamhaus PBL team, to help apply their outbound email policies."
--
"Find spammers. Bash skulls."
- Mission Statement of the Anti-Spam Taskforce
- The Final Ultimate Solution to the Spam Problem
Matthew Sullivan
2007-04-11 06:31:21 UTC
Post by Angel
Post by Matthew Sullivan
Post by Michael Moroney
"With the advent of Spamhaus's PBL, dynablock has become obsolete. Rather
than maintain separate similar DNSBL zones, NJABL will be working with
Spamhaus on the PBL. For the next several months, dynablock.njabl.org will
exist as a copy of the Spamhaus PBL.
Which I must say is really interesting as Steve Linford himself said
(here in NANAE) the PBL was not a DUL/DUHL/Dynablock.
As I understand it, the PBL is a list of IP addresses of which their
owners have stated they should not be sending email (except to the ISP's
smarthost).
Yup that is how I understand it based on Steve Linford's announcement..
Post by Angel
That's not quite the same as a DUL/DUHL/Dynablock, although
it probably has similar effects. But a listing on the PBL does not mean
that the address is dynamic.
It also does not mean the address is static either, which is where I do
have to wonder about NJABL dropping in the PBL place of it's Dynablock
instead of maintaining/freezing or dropping the NJABL-Dynablock with a
'we recommend that you change to the PBL'... don't get me wrong, I'm
not against the PBL, but clearly the PBL is not a Dynablock, nor
according to the published policy will it ever be, so dropping it in as
a Dynablock is a little questionable (The admins using the dynablock
might be happy to run with the PBL, personally I would be livid if that
was done to me, because I use the DUHL (SORBS) for other things that
have nothing to do with email, and a lot to do with whether a particular
request comes from a dynamic address or not... I am not alone in that
either.).

Regards,

Mat

Final? word:

There will always be dynamics that are not on the PBL as well as statics
that are on the PBL - that is not a bad thing, unless you actually want
a list of dynamics, in which case you would be wrong to go anywhere near
the PBL.

If you wanted to accept email from anywhere where the ISP allowed email
delivery from, you'd be wrong to use the SORBS DUHL, we list dynamics,
we don't care if the ISP allows email from the dynamics, the DUHL is not
about whether the ISP allows email from the IPs or not.
s***@hush.com
2007-04-11 10:17:38 UTC

I just can't help responding to Moronis, I'm addicted to trolls.
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-11 10:44:55 UTC
I can't hold myself shoving my head into my arse. I'm an
addicted troll.
Well, we already knew that. Try dipping your fingers inside your
arse and see if you can find your head.
2007-04-11 11:36:29 UTC
git sikis, ciprut
Andrzej Adam Filip
2007-04-10 19:36:00 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Let's see what this page: http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ says: "ZEN
is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one single powerful
and comprehensive blocklist to make querying faster and simpler.
It contains the SBL, the XBL and the PBL blocklist."
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of the
CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does *not*
belong to spamhaus.
XBL includes also (modified) najbl.org and SBL.

Ask cbl.abuseat.org and njabl.org to claim their property.
http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/
Do not waste *our* time.
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org).
Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to spamhaus.
http://www.njabl.org/dynablock.html
<quote>
Dynablock.njabl.org started out as a straight import of what was
dynablock.easynet.nl...a very nice DNSBL of dynamic IP spaces, which the
maintainer got tired of maintaining and announced would be shut down
December 1, 2003. From December of 2003 until January of 2007, NJABL
maintained its own copy of the dynablock zone.
[..]
If you currently use dynablock.njabl.org we recommend you switch
immediately to pbl.spamhaus.org. If
</quote>
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
[...]
Are *you* ready to sue them?
--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : ***@priv.onet.pl : ***@xl.wp.pl
Home site: http://anfi.homeunix.net/
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 19:59:34 UTC
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
"ZEN is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one
single powerful and comprehensive blocklist to make querying
faster and simpler. It contains the SBL, the XBL and the PBL
blocklist."
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of
the CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does
*not* belong to spamhaus.
XBL includes also (modified) najbl.org and SBL.
You are misinformed. XBL no longer includes the NJABL-DUL. Now,
PBL does that.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Ask cbl.abuseat.org and njabl.org to claim their property.
http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/
The boasting of ownership of a third party product (in this case,
the CBL block list) that it does not belong to spamhaus, in other
words, presenting the XBL as a spamhaus DNSBL, is what constitutes
FRAUD. Misleading product descriptions are also prohibited by
various U.K. consumer laws.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Do not waste *our* time.
Who is 'our'? You and your cat?
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist
(www.njabl.org). Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to
spamhaus.
http://www.njabl.org/dynablock.html <quote> Dynablock.njabl.org
started out as a straight import of what was
dynablock.easynet.nl...a very nice DNSBL of dynamic IP spaces,
which the maintainer got tired of maintaining and announced
would be shut down December 1, 2003. From December of 2003
until January of 2007, NJABL maintained its own copy of the
dynablock zone. [..] If you currently use dynablock.njabl.org
we recommend you switch immediately to pbl.spamhaus.org. If
</quote>
Again, look at what was said: "The core of the PBL is the
NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org). Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not*
belong to spamhaus." Plus, anyone can still download and use the
NJABL-DUL without having to pay $14,500 ransom to spamhaus.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
[...]
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how your
beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
Andrzej Adam Filip
2007-04-10 20:38:54 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
"ZEN is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one
single powerful and comprehensive blocklist to make querying
faster and simpler. It contains the SBL, the XBL and the PBL
blocklist."
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of
the CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does
*not* belong to spamhaus.
XBL includes also (modified) najbl.org and SBL.
You are misinformed. XBL no longer includes the NJABL-DUL. Now,
PBL does that.
You are blind or illiterate. NJABL.org contains more than NJABL-DUL.
http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/
<quote>
The XBL wholly incorporates data from two highly-trusted DNSBL sources,
with tweaks by Spamhaus to maximise the data efficiency and lower False
Positives. The main components are:
- the CBL (Composite Block List) from cbl.abuseat.org
- the NJABL Open Proxy IPs list from www.njabl.org.
</quote>
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
[...]
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 21:02:19 UTC
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Let's see what this page: http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/
says: "ZEN is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into
one single powerful and comprehensive blocklist to make
querying faster and simpler. It contains the SBL, the XBL
and the PBL blocklist."
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical
copy of the CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The
CBL does *not* belong to spamhaus.
XBL includes also (modified) najbl.org and SBL.
You are misinformed. XBL no longer includes the NJABL-DUL.
Now, PBL does that.
You are blind or illiterate.
It seems that you are blind to your own ignorance and biases,
Andrzej Filip.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
NJABL.org contains more than NJABL-DUL.
That has no impact on the topic at hand.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/ <quote> The XBL wholly
incorporates data from two highly-trusted DNSBL sources, with
tweaks by Spamhaus to maximise the data efficiency and lower
False Positives. The main components are: - the CBL (Composite
Block List) from cbl.abuseat.org - the NJABL Open Proxy IPs
list from www.njabl.org. </quote>
That was true before the PBL came to the scene. The PBL, and not
the CBL, now includes the NJABL-DUL. If you are in any doubt, ask
Linford to confirm it.
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
[...]
s***@hush.com
2007-04-10 21:43:55 UTC
On Apr 10, 11:02 pm, Anti-Scam Watch (aka "Moronis" the newsgroup
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
You are misinformed. XBL no longer includes the NJABL-DUL.
Moronis is terminally clueless. XBL contains NJABL Open Proxies, not
Or maybe just learn to read? What school grade did you get to Moronis?
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 21:54:12 UTC
Post by s***@hush.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
You are misinformed. XBL no longer includes the
NJABL-DUL.
Moronis is terminally clueless. XBL contains NJABL Open
Proxies, not NJABL DUL.
NJABL's open proxies list has nothing to do with the PBL nor with
NJABL-DUL.
See above.
s***@hush.com
*Exactly*, which shows you're a moron.
John Doe
2007-04-13 20:56:37 UTC
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
You are blind or illiterate. NJABL.org contains more than NJABL-DUL.
.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / MORONIS \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
--
The e-mail address in the From: header of this post is valid.
Add [NANAE] to the Subject: of any correspondence or said
correspondence will be deleted unread.
Patricia A. Shaffer
2007-04-14 13:14:13 UTC
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:56:37 +0200, John Doe
Post by John Doe
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
You are blind or illiterate. NJABL.org contains more than NJABL-DUL.
.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
| TROLL | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
| Thank you, | ( (_) )
| Management | /`-vvv-'\
+-------------------+ / MORONIS \
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
___________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please feed |
/ O O\__ me |
/ \ all of |
/ \ \ the trolls |
/ _ \ \ _______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

(Keith Lawrence, 1999)
--
Patricia
VERY Proud Citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia
"The issue is consent, not content." Crosscut
Rev. Beergoggles
2007-04-14 15:21:03 UTC
Post by John Doe
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
You are blind or illiterate. NJABL.org contains more than NJABL-DUL.
.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
| TROLL | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
| Thank you, | ( (_) )
| Management | /`-vvv-'\
+-------------------+ / MORONIS \
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
___________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please feed |
/ O O\__ me |
/ \ all of |
/ \ \ the trolls |
/ _ \ \ _______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________
(Keith Lawrence, 1999)
_____________________
| |
| Shaving brushes |
|_____________________|
| ||
| ||
| ||
\|/||/ \/

_____________________
| |
| You'll soon see 'em |
|_____________________|
| ||
| ||
| ||
\|/||/ \/

_____________________
| |
| On a shelf |
|_____________________|
| ||
| ||
| ||
\|/||/ \/

_____________________
| |
| In some museum |
|_____________________|
| ||
| ||
| ||
\|/||/ \/

_____________________
| |
| Burma-Shave |
|_____________________|
| ||
| ||
| ||
\|/||/ \/

(Allan Odell, 1937)

h***@gmail.com
2007-04-10 20:55:04 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
It is about time the SPAMHAUS FRAUD is stopped in its tracks.
Are *you* ready to sue them?
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how your
beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
I suspect the only people who know why SPEWS died are the people who
operate it, but what evidence exists that it was for any other reason
than operator burnout, infrastructure failure, or some combination of
the two?

SPEWS wasn't 'brought down', it fell over, and claiming some kind of
great victory at this event is kinda like pointing at Katrina and
saying "HA! God must be angry at New Orleans!", both vapid and spurious.
Huey
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 22:03:59 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Andrzej Adam Filip
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
It is about time the SPAMHAUS FRAUD is stopped in its
tracks.
Are *you* ready to sue them?
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how your
beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
I suspect the only people who know why SPEWS died are the
people who operate it, but what evidence exists that it was for
any other reason than operator burnout, infrastructure
failure, or some combination of the two?
And what evidence do you have that it died from operator burnout,
Post by h***@gmail.com
SPEWS wasn't 'brought down', it fell over, and claiming some
kind of great victory at this event is kinda like pointing at
Katrina and saying "HA! God must be angry at New Orleans!",
both vapid and spurious.
If you believe Adam and Eve were mere coincidences, you will no
doubt also believe that Katrina was just a natural disaster that
*happened* to strike a certain region of the United S. of A. by
pure bad luck and unfortunate coincidence!!!!!!!!
h***@gmail.com
2007-04-10 22:32:28 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how your
beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
I suspect the only people who know why SPEWS died are the
people who operate it, but what evidence exists that it was for
any other reason than operator burnout, infrastructure
failure, or some combination of the two?
And what evidence do you have that it died from operator burnout,
infrastructure failure, or some combination of the two?
Because, with the exception of a couple implosions due to the legal
system, that's why all other failed DNSBLs have shut down.
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
SPEWS wasn't 'brought down', it fell over, and claiming some
kind of great victory at this event is kinda like pointing at
Katrina and saying "HA! God must be angry at New Orleans!",
both vapid and spurious.
If you believe Adam and Eve were mere coincidences, you will no
doubt also believe that Katrina was just a natural disaster that
*happened* to strike a certain region of the United S. of A. by
pure bad luck and unfortunate coincidence!!!!!!!!
Are you wearing a T-shirt that says "vapid and spurious", by any chance?
Huey
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 23:02:23 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how
your beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
I suspect the only people who know why SPEWS died are the
people who operate it, but what evidence exists that it was
for any other reason than operator burnout, infrastructure
failure, or some combination of the two?
And what evidence do you have that it died from operator
burnout, infrastructure failure, or some combination of the
two?
Because, with the exception of a couple implosions due to the
legal system, that's why all other failed DNSBLs have shut
down.
Other operators' actions are *not* admissible evidence. Your claim
is like saying that if a stock has risen every day over a 180-day
period without fail, it is bound to rise on day 181, too.
I am sure you will find that out one day.
h***@gmail.com
2007-04-11 00:30:40 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
No don't need to sue them to bring them down. Think how
your beloved SPEWS blacklist went the other way!
I suspect the only people who know why SPEWS died are the
people who operate it, but what evidence exists that it was
for any other reason than operator burnout, infrastructure
failure, or some combination of the two?
And what evidence do you have that it died from operator
burnout, infrastructure failure, or some combination of the
two?
Because, with the exception of a couple implosions due to the
legal system, that's why all other failed DNSBLs have shut
down.
Other operators' actions are *not* admissible evidence.
'Admissible evidence'? Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Your Honor. If it
please the court, every other DNSBL that has died, with the exceptions
being the ones that had very public legal troubles, they have died
because of operator burnout, infrastructure failure, or some
combination of the two. Absent any evidence to the contrary, the
reasonable assumption therefore is that SPEWS died for one of those
reasons. If you have another equally-plausible explanation, I'm sure
the class would love to hear it.
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
SPEWS wasn't 'brought down', it fell over, and claiming
some kind of great victory at this event is kinda like
pointing at Katrina and saying "HA! God must be angry at
New Orleans!", both vapid and spurious.
If you believe Adam and Eve were mere coincidences, you will
no doubt also believe that Katrina was just a natural
disaster that *happened* to strike a certain region of the
United S. of A. by pure bad luck and unfortunate
coincidence!!!!!!!!
Are you wearing a T-shirt that says "vapid and spurious", by
any chance?
I am sure you will find that out one day.
Hopefully, you'll change your shirt by then. Or do they all say that?
Huey
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-11 13:22:44 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
[...]
There are other reasons. For example, many of them would have been
private block lists, where the list owner realises (e.g. when they
receive requests for delisting) the negative effects (e.g. high FP
ratio) of their list's aggressive blocking and ceases making it
publicly available.

Another good reason for a DNSBL going dead is the realization by
its owner that his list has become outdated and ineffective
(aka useless) for the purpose.

Here is an updated list of DEAD DNSBLs (about 100 of them in
total): http://www.spamlinks.net/filter-dnsbl-dead.htm . Isn't it
nice to see the invincible(!) SPEWS amongst the dead hobby lists
in that graveyard?
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Who is they?
Organic Gloomrider
2007-04-11 03:56:37 UTC
In article <***@speakeasy.net>,
***@gmail.com wrote:

[snip]
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
If you believe Adam and Eve were mere coincidences, you will no
doubt also believe that Katrina was just a natural disaster that
*happened* to strike a certain region of the United S. of A. by
pure bad luck and unfortunate coincidence!!!!!!!!
Are you wearing a T-shirt that says "vapid and spurious", by any chance?
Ciprut's false veneer of intellect has been apparent in NANAE for years.
He is sometimes able to mute his emotions *just enough* to construct
what appears on the surface to be a reasoned argument. But his USENET
posting history, taken as a whole, should leave no doubt that his
agenda is emotion-driven and attention of those he perceives to be
anti-spam activists is what he craves.

On his best day, Moris Ciprut is an effective troll. Most others, his
keystrokes aren't worth the electricity that carries them.

I'm a little surprised that you think a debate with Mr. Ciprut could be
fruitful in any way...
Aries
2007-04-11 05:29:59 UTC
Post by Organic Gloomrider
Ciprut's false veneer of intellect has been apparent in NANAE for years.
He is sometimes able to mute his emotions *just enough* to construct
what appears on the surface to be a reasoned argument. But his USENET
posting history, taken as a whole, should leave no doubt that his
agenda is emotion-driven and attention of those he perceives to be
anti-spam activists is what he craves.
On his best day, Moris Ciprut is an effective troll. Most others, his
keystrokes aren't worth the electricity that carries them.
I'm a little surprised that you think a debate with Mr. Ciprut could be
fruitful in any way...
I agreee, killfile him like I did and many others did and move on. When
he no longer gets the attention he craves he will go away

- Aries
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-11 10:49:16 UTC
Veteran SPEWS PUPPET / Stalker 'organic gloomrider' wrote:

<bull crap from the gloomrider troll snipped>

Mommy, look... The 'organic dickrider' is still throwing tantrums
and fits whining her beloved SPEWS toy has been taken away from
her ....
Johann Steigenberger
2007-04-10 22:36:34 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
1) XBL is *not* a spamhaus DNSBL. XBL is an identical copy of the
CBL blocklist (at cbl.abuseat.org). Fact: The CBL does *not*
belong to spamhaus.
2) The core of the PBL is the NJABL-DUL blocklist (www.njabl.org).
Fact: NJABL-DUL does *not* belong to spamhaus.
Spamhaus did never claim they would maintain that data.
Facts are they give detailed informations on their website, that
they are incorporating that lists.

http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso states:

Post by Anti-Scam Watch
3) The SBL, the most useless of the 3 block lists in ZEN (AKA the
spamhaus data feed) for which unsuspecting businesses pay up to
$14,500 per year, is the *only* DNSBL that originates from spamhaus.
I think everyone should be free to wast his money at own believe :-)
I can not see any SCAM there.

There are also PAY Services as dnsbl.net.au which are incorporating
the UCEPROTECT-L1 into their t1.dnsbl.net.au (with our permission).

Doing can never be a problem, as long as the license grants that.
So what is your real problem that Spamhaus incorporates 2 other lists?
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making racket that
operates from England under the cover of fighting spammers. It
charges gullible corporations a cool $14,500 per year for their
useless blacklist, called 'SBL'. Spamhaus.org and Steve Linford
pay ZERO TAXES ON THE (RANSOM) PROFITS THEY COLLECT.
Can you Scumbag approve that ZERO TAX story? I gues you can not.

It really seems that you bankrupt spammer have problems with people running
a business modell like Spamhaus.org because you do not have money? :-)

Johann Steigenberger.
--
Project UCEPROTECT-Network: Join now - It's free - It's consequent
Together we can stop all spammers on this planet!
http://www.uceprotect.net
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-10 23:09:45 UTC
Post by Johann Steigenberger
There are also PAY Services as dnsbl.net.au which are
incorporating the UCEPROTECT-L1 into their t1.dnsbl.net.au
(with our permission).
Can you tell us exactly since when they started to incorporate the
uceprotect-l1 list (exact month and year will be useful)?
Post by Johann Steigenberger
Doing can never be a problem, as long as the license grants
that. So what is your real problem that Spamhaus incorporates 2
other lists?
Spamhaus gives the false impression as if those 2 lists are
spamhaus DNSBLs (they actually use that term), when they are *not*
spamhaus DNSBLs. Verstehen?
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making racket
that operates from England under the cover of fighting
spammers. It charges gullible corporations a cool $14,500 per
year for their useless blacklist, called 'SBL'. Spamhaus.org
and Steve Linford pay ZERO TAXES ON THE (RANSOM) PROFITS
THEY COLLECT.
Can you Scumbag approve that ZERO TAX story? I gues you can
not.
What are you talking about? Please attend an English class before
you go any further!
Your bullshit is just that. You should go and eat some grass.
Johann Steigenberger
2007-04-11 00:11:06 UTC
UUPPPPPSS? did you forget to name me an N...comander this time? :-)
I am really impressed...
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Johann Steigenberger
There are also PAY Services as dnsbl.net.au which are
incorporating the UCEPROTECT-L1 into their t1.dnsbl.net.au
(with our permission).
Can you tell us exactly since when they started to incorporate the
uceprotect-l1 list (exact month and year will be useful)?
I could check this out, but why are you interested in this information?
You seem to know that dnsbl.net.au is also a SPEWS mirror, and you want to
construct new lies about us?
What will happen next? Will you start claiming i would have been SPEWS,
or involved in the SPEWS Project?

Facts are dnsbl.net.au imports UCEPROTECT-L1:
See http://www.dnsbl.net.au/ucepn
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Johann Steigenberger
Doing can never be a problem, as long as the license grants
that. So what is your real problem that Spamhaus incorporates 2
other lists?
Spamhaus gives the false impression as if those 2 lists are
spamhaus DNSBLs (they actually use that term), when they are *not*
spamhaus DNSBLs. Verstehen?
I hob des scho verstandn :-) But they write, that they are incorporating
that lists and therefore no reasonable people will get a wrong impression ...
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making racket
that operates from England under the cover of fighting
spammers. It charges gullible corporations a cool $14,500 per
year for their useless blacklist, called 'SBL'. Spamhaus.org
and Steve Linford pay ZERO TAXES ON THE (RANSOM) PROFITS
THEY COLLECT.
Can you Scumbag approve that ZERO TAX story? I gues you can
not.
What are you talking about? Please attend an English class before
you go any further!
You claimed Steve would not pay taxes, but you can not know if he does or not.
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Johann Steigenberger
It really seems that you bankrupt spammer have problems with
people running a business modell like Spamhaus.org because you
do not have money? :-)
Your bullshit is just that. You should go and eat some grass.
I see no other logic reason why you post that "Spamhaus is bad" storys ...

Johann Steigenberger
http://www.uceprotect.net
Anti-Scam Watch
2007-04-11 13:54:58 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
Post by Johann Steigenberger
There are also PAY Services as dnsbl.net.au which are
incorporating the UCEPROTECT-L1 into their t1.dnsbl.net.au
(with our permission).
Can you tell us exactly since when they started to
incorporate the uceprotect-l1 list (exact month and year will
be useful)?
I could check this out, but why are you interested in this
information? You seem to know that dnsbl.net.au is also a SPEWS
mirror, and you want to construct new lies about us? What will
happen next? Will you start claiming I would have been SPEWS,
or involved in the SPEWS Project?
Nope. Nope. And nope. I just asked the month and year for personal
reasons. If you are afraid to give that info away, then don't.

<snip>
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
For the uninitiated: Spamhaus.org is a money-making
racket that operates from England under the cover of
fighting spammers. It charges gullible corporations a
cool $14,500 per year for their useless blacklist, called
'SBL'. Spamhaus.org and Steve Linford pay ZERO TAXES ON
THE (RANSOM) PROFITS THEY COLLECT.
Can you Scumbag approve that ZERO TAX story? I gues you can
not.
What are you talking about? Please attend an English class
before you go any further!
You claimed Steve would not pay taxes, but you can not know if
he does or not.
Spamhaus is registered as a non-profit company in the U.K. In
other words, spamhaus pays 0 (zero) taxes because of its so-called
charitable activities (hence why it has to give limited free
access to its data feed to justify its non-profit status). Anyone
working for a non-profit company must be called a 'volunteer' to
comply with the Companies Act.
s***@hush.com
2007-04-11 16:28:50 UTC
Post by Anti-Scam Watch
[...]
I don't think Spamhaus has ever claimed to be a charity, registered or
otherwise. Where do you get this nonsense from? Non-Profits and
Charities are two different things. Also where do you get the nonsense
that "Anyone working for a non-profit company must be called a
'volunteer' to comply with the Companies Act."? Nominet UK is a Non-
Profit, do you think Nominet pays zero taxes and its staff are all
called 'volunteers'? Stop taking out of your ass Moronis.